Environmental Internship (paid)
Latitudes Environmental is a professional consulting practice that specializes in permitting, regulatory compliance, and project management. We serve our industrial and municipal clients by providing state and federal permit support, site assessment, technical plans and manuals, and industrial hygiene services.
• Provide technical and administrative support on environmental projects; support Project Managers on client deliverables
• Perform environmental field work (site inspections, surveys/audits, sampling, etc.)
• Research customer prospects and develop cost proposals, to support our marketing and sales efforts
• Research environmental topics and trends: regulatory changes impacting the industries that we service; emerging industries and technologies; and global topics surrounding air, water resources, and waste practices
• Write articles and blogs, and develop videos/presentations, which highlight our project experience, technical expertise, and service offerings
• Master of Science (thesis route preferred, in progress or completed) in Environmental Science, Biology, or Chemistry
• Willing and able to perform environmental field work
• Interest and ability to write powerful, well researched, and properly formatted blogs/articles for publication on our company media platforms
• Some experience with geographic information systems (ArcView, QGIS, or other) is a plus
• Some experience with graphics software, video editing, or website development is a plus
• Hold a valid Driver’s License, and have a vehicle
• US Citizen, or possess a permit to work in the US
Contract Term and Work Schedule
• 12-week internship, beginning Spring-Summer, 2021
• Position will report to our Houston office 8:00 to 4:00, Monday thru Thursday, or otherwise agreed. Company is willing to schedule around academic coursework, as needed.
Send resume and cover letter to: ------------. Resumes without a cover letter will not be accepted.