This position will be involved in a variety of structural engineering projects with a focus on foundation engineering, emphasizing design-build delivery methods for electrical transmission and distribution projects. The Engineer Intern will interface with a multi-disciplinary engineering team consisting of civil, structural, geotechnical, and various construction management personnel. This individual will develop skills related to application of engineering theory learned thru studies.
- Perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks. Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Perform and prepare design calculations and analysis for various specialty foundation types including Helical Piles, Drilled Shafts, Micropiles, Rock and Soil Anchors, Driven Piles, etc.
- Prepare preliminary foundation designs for use in project bidding.
- Work under supervision of senior-level team member.
- Bachelor’s degree in progress in Civil Engineering.
- EIT Eligible preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Highly Organized.
- Able to work effectively within a team environment.
- Preference given for experience with computer programs such as AutoCAD, Inventor, LPILE, GROUP, SAP2000, RISA 3D, Enercalc, and MathCAD.
- Preference given for knowledge of design standards including ASCE, IBC, ACI, AISC, FHWA, AASHTO, NESC, ASTM.
Hourly: $18.00 - $22.00 DOE