Customer Service Associate
Ensure all visitors have a positive and memorable experience by cordially greeting, orienting and assisting Visitor Center visitors and guests by providing excellent customer service.
Provide a positive and warm welcome to visitors and respond to requests for service or information. Answer all incoming calls for the organization in a prompt, courteous manner and provide assistance to the caller whenever possible. Assist with order entry, membership and conference registration responsibilities.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Cordially greet, orient and assist visitors while providing up-to-date handouts and literature.
• Answer/research questions about Edgar Cayce, the readings, and functions of the A.R.E.
• Research and guide visitors to information on the website
• Maintain knowledge and awareness of upcoming events and daily activities through Global Calendar schedule and monitoring Visitor Center email account for updates and notices.
• Provide necessary replacements, substitutions, notice of cancellations, etc. as required for daily activities
• Promote memberships, events and activities of the organization and its affiliates
• Perform data entry of memberships, catalog orders, conferences, prayer requests, inquiries, etc. into the customer database
• During conferences, assist in conference registration responsibilities and accommodate other reasonable requests as needed
• In response to visitor inquiries, provide updated information about the local area such as dining, hotels, shopping, local attractions, and recreational destinations, using internet search and apps, i.e. MapQuest.
• Conduct daily tours and ESP lectures
• Respond to crisis situations, such as emotionally disturbed visitors or callers, and any emergencies as outlined in the procedures manual.
• In professional manner, answer telephone promptly; assist callers and facilitate transfers to the appropriate extensions or departments.
• Maintenance of first and second floor lobby areas as neat and orderly; replace and update literature as needed.
• Follow daily open and close procedures
• Cross-train to handle other responsibilities within the Customer Service department to provide back-up coverage during vacations and other critical shortage situations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• High school diploma with business training experience or equivalent required.
• Minimum two years customer service/retail sales experience or equivalent required;
• Minimum two years’ experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, internet search and apps required;
• Minimum two years’ data entry experience required, Aptify experience a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of philosophy and acceptance of the key principles in the Edgar Cayce readings, particularly kindness, active patience and a service orientation is required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of demographics surrounding the Oceanfront and the Virginia Beach community
• Ability to represent the A.R.E. (our purpose, work, administration, staff, volunteers, Board and membership) in the most positive light is essential
• Excellent problem solving, written and verbal communication skills to exchange information with a variety of individuals required
• Must have strong skills in tact, diplomacy and objectivity
• Intermediate knowledge of computer systems and applications
• Demonstrated high proficiency in the use of the internet through searches and applications as job-related in response to visitor inquiries and assistance.
• Intermediate level of computer proficiency skills required, including Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Demonstrated enthusiasm and respect in working with people from diverse backgrounds, displaying positive attitude toward helping others
• Professional, friendly telephone, greeting and public speaking skills required.
• Must be well organized, detail-oriented, accurate and able to handle multitasking with ease; able to courteously handle multiple visitors and phone calls simultaneously
• Polished interpersonal skills required; must be able to work as an integral part of a team.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills (internal and external customers).
• Tact, diplomacy and the willingness to be helpful are essential.