Job Title: Compliance Administrative Assistant
o Employee Type: Regular Full-Time
o Location: Yonkers, NY
o Job Category: Non-Profit
o Minimum Experience: 3 Years
o Required Degree: Paralegal Certificate or Associates Degree
o Manage Others: No
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide the Chief Executive Officer with administrative support, review manage and track state, federal and vendor contracts.
• Review RFP opportunities and make recommendations based on research
• Manage a complex schedule to include internal and external meetings.
• Conduct research as requested
• Assist the Chief Executive Officer in preparing PowerPoint presentations for high-level meetings including board and staff meetings.
• Assist in the preparation of materials for conference calls, board reports, and business trips.
• Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks and projects.
• Circulate documents (e.g. contracts, policies and request forms) within the Programs to ensure appropriate parties are copied on the pertinent documents and to acquire necessary approvals.
• Compile, analyze and process data accurately and by contract deadlines.
• Manage a system for quarterly reporting to ensure deadlines are met and final materials (e.g. report narratives and metrics) for meetings are submitted for review accurately and by deadline.
• Assistant with special projects and other assignments as directed by the Chief Executive Officer.
• Excellent in managing shifting timelines and priorities, able to accurately and thoroughly follow-through, able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Superb organization and prioritization skills; high attention to detail.
• Ability to view the larger picture and strategic how to continuously improve systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong ability to diplomatically manage interactions with individuals at all levels and job functions both inside and outside of the organization
• Excellent judgment and ability to handle confidential information
• Results-oriented: creative and tenacious in accomplishing tasks, positive and calm attitude with inclination to view problems as challenges and enjoy finding solutions.
• Ability to navigate and analyze data and spreadsheets
• Strong ability to work proactively and take initiative
Education and Experience:
• Nonprofit experience required
• Paralegal Experience required
• 3-5 years' experience as an Administrative Assistant with role increasing in scope and complexity
• 2 years experience supporting multiple leaders of a department or an organization
• Outstanding skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Who is the YWCA of Yonkers?
YWCA Yonkers opened its doors in 1892 using borrowed church rooms in response to the deplorable labor, housing and health conditions facing young women and girls. YWCA Yonkers responded with housing, job training, health and physical education, community activism and social and recreational activities. In 1894, the Yonkers YWCA moved to its own rented quarters at 87 South Broadway, and in 1895 it was granted a charter of incorporation by the State of New York.
With a passionate desire to position YWCA Yonkers to meet the increasing and varied needs of women and girls, the Board of Directors and members conducted the first ever fundraising drive in 1898 and purchased the "Prospect Street House". Our facilitated programs meet the needs of a growing city and provide boarding for young women in need of safe and reliable accommodation. In 1912, a decision was made to erect a new facility that would not only meet the immediate needs of the surrounding community but also the needs that our community may face in the future. The land was donated by Alexander Smith Cochran, the ground was broken in 1912, and the building was completed and occupied in 1914. The swimming pool was added in 1932, the children's playground was acquired in 1946, and the parking lot was donated in 1964 by C.W.C Associates.
YWCA Yonkers today continues to be a valued multi-service center providing services to meet the needs of a growing, diverse and dynamic city. When the YWCA opened its doors at 87 South Broadway in 1914, it was said to include "the residence, gymnasium, welcoming lounge, auditorium, class and meeting rooms". The reputation of the YWCA was that of "the friendly place". Today, the building as mostly the same as it was then, with the exception of the swimming pool, which was added in 1932 but closed in 1999.
Why choose YWCA of Yonkers?
• Competitive market salaries
• benefits offerings
• 403(b) retirement savings plan?
• Paid time off
At YWCA Yonkers, we enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace. YWCA Yonkers is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Learn more @www.ywcayonkers.org !
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, YWCA Yonkers does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, YWCA Yonkers will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by YWCA Yonkers for the job.
nonprofit, legal, compliance, fulltime, contracts