Job Title: Community liaison / Outreach coordinator
Location: Position can be remote and flexible. Preferably a schedule of Mon – Thursday (4-7pm) or (3 – 6pm)
Terms: Internship (3 months)
Additional info: Compensation such as credit time for your program
About the role:
The Community Liaison & Outreach Coordinator is responsible for acting as contact points for all agency or organizational personnel.
This position promotes events, including those required to serve community needs detected by organization leaders; raise awareness and deliver member value through the promotion/advocacy of events that support engagement in our organization.
Strengthens relationships with the residents we serve; builds and sustains relationships with external partners and organizations, and guides organizational data analysis and research regarding our organization.
• Inform staff administrator periodically regarding community outreach and feedback.
• Keep lists of the agencies or personnel representing the person, agency or organization.
• Identify problems in communications among these groups.
• Prepares detailed reports and updates the municipal board on the progress of projects, effectiveness of programs, and feedback from residents.
• Uses computer applications or other automated systems, such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software in performing work assignments.
• Become knowledgeable about our program, resources, and partnership opportunities.
• Participate in virtual events, webinars, and dedicated trainings that would further increase awareness, exposure and insights regarding our organization.
• Spend 80% of their time connecting with our community and our members either through phone, text or e-mail; track all interactions with the people speak with.
• Point of contact between our members and management. Relaying information back to our administration such as problems, questions, concerns, applications and more. They should be flexible! Preferably a schedule of Mon – Thursday (4-7pm) or ( 3 – 6pm )
• Ability to work independently on sensitive and complex matters.
• Demonstrated success in working well with people and teams and ability to build relationships both with community organizations and among chapter volunteers.
• English proficiency, both written and verbal.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
• Persuasion/motivation skills
• Public speaking/presentation skills
• Interpersonal communication skills
• Effective time management
• Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
arts, community, liaison, outreach, coordinator, nonprofit