Responsibilities Internship Description: The selected intern will be working closely with the President of the consultancy. Internship responsibilities may include research and communication with clients; drafting correspondence for the President of the company; developing website content and other communications materials; assisting in marketing and outreach; and assisting with other planning and daily activities. The intern will be virtually based. This internship is an excellent opportunity to interact with environmental security experts globally; to learn about developing and informing policy, navigating Washington politics and hands on experience with a startup consultancy that will pave the way for the company’s future; and get exposure to environmental security topics.
Qualifications Minimum Requirements: A successful candidate will be detail-oriented and have strong research, writing, organizational, and communication skills; and the ability to work both independently and as part of a small team. Experience with writing for websites, research and social networking is helpful. Experience with strategic planning and coordinating logistics is beneficial. This position will help conduct research, business development, and serve as an innovative thinker to further our strategic policy and planning for clients. A successful candidate will be motivated and engaged.
• Background in international affairs, environmental or sustainability issues preferred.
• Approximately 12-20 hours per week
• Undergraduate degree or graduate degree in progress
• Excellent research skills
• Attention to detail and organizational skills a must
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and excellent computer skills
• Experience in design and crowdfunding is helpful
• Well-developed writing skills for both print and online
• Flexibility, adaptability, and a cool head under pressure
Internship, conservation, small business, international security, wildlife, sustainability, comms