The Dewey Square Group, a leading Democratic public affairs firm, is looking for an intern for its Communications practice in the Washington, DC office. This position is a full-time, temporarily remote position and would begin upon offer. This is a paid internship.
Dewey Square Group was founded in 1992. We help businesses, nonprofits, campaigns, and causes achieve their public affairs goals – whether they be favorable legislative or policy outcomes, successful advocacy efforts, community-based consumer marketing, or high-profile awareness campaigns.
The Communications practice works with a full roster of clients to build support for their issues, initiatives, and brands at the local, state and federal level. Interns will work closely with Associates and Principals to gain valuable work experience within this field.
To learn more about DSG, visit the website (deweysquare.com).
Daily tasks include but are not limited to:
● Drafting and proofing written materials.
● Creating and maintaining press lists.
● Monitoring media coverage and compiling reports.
● Compiling and disseminating clip reports.
● Scheduling for both internal and client meetings.
● Pitching stories to outlets.
Qualified candidates are:
● Interested in communications, public relations and politics; all majors welcome.
● Hardworking and eager for new challenges and projects.
● Able to take initiative and seek out opportunities for learning.
● Able to work business hours Monday-Friday.
Strong writing skills (drafting, editing, proofing) and verbal communication skills are a must.
Proficiency with social media and different technology platforms/analytics tools are a plus.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and availability to apply.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates MUST reside in one of the following: DC, Virginia, Maryland, Massachusetts, California, or Missouri.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Dewey Square Group does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin, or ancestry.