Carpenter, Glazier, Painter
IMPORTANT: to be considered, you MUST:
1) WATCH THIS VIDEO OVERVIEW of our full restoration process, and the skills we invite you to learn with us: ------------
2) PROVIDE A SHORT STATEMENT, just a few lines briefly describing your interest in working with our company;
3) PROVIDE YOUR RESUME outlining your qualifications, along with THREE PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES including: name, email address, phone number, and a brief summary of the professional relationship;
4) Your EMAIL ADDRESS and PHONE NUMBER so we may contact you directly.
* * * This job entails following directions and attention to detail * * *
* * * If you do not follow the instructions above, you will not be considered * * *
Mozer Works is a historic window restoration company with its main workshop in SILVER SPRING, MD. We deal specifically in restoring wood, glass, and metal antiquities throughout the greater Washington, DC metropolitan area, and beyond.
We are seeking a skillful, adaptive tradesperson who is eager to learn historic window/door restoration. Our high quality services are in demand year-round, and we are looking to train motivated craftspeople in the art and skill of restoration, including fine carpentry, glazing, and painting.
Whether you are a student of historic preservation, fine arts, or architecture, or if you are an experienced tradesperson, we encourage you to apply.
Mozer Works, Inc.
Full-time, including paid training, starting at $14/hr. Higher starting pay is commensurate with experience, and opportunities for promotion and advancement will be considered based on the speed and quality of workers' output.
Window Mechanic’s tasks include:
1. Size, strip, sand, repair, stabilize, prepare for weather strip, prime, glaze and paint window sashes.
2. Restore old window and door hardware.
3. Prepare window sash stops and parting stops.
4. Disassemble old windows/doors for restoration.
5. Re-install restored windows/doors including metal weather strip.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $28.00 per hour
skilled trades, carpentry, glazing, historic restoration, detail painting
Historic Restoration, Carpenter, Glazier, Painter