The Goddard School located in Gaithersburg, MD is always looking for the best candidates in the educational field to augment an already award winning group of teachers. Positions that may be available are:
Summer Internships for Assistant Teachers
Goddard School is the largest private preschool system in the nation. The Goddard School in Gaithersburg, specifically, has been ranked in the top 10% of Goddard Schools nationwide and has been awarded the President's Club Circle of Excellence Award. Our School is accredited by Middle States Association (MSA), the same organization that accredits the University of Maryland, as well as, the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE). In addition, we are rated as a 5-star school by our State’s quality rating system, Maryland Excels. We are home to Goddard School Teacher of the Year 2018.
This tremendous success is a result of many factors. First, we engage the best teaching and management staff possible and provide them with the tools and training they need to be successful educators and administrators. Second, we create an environment where teachers support the nurturing and learning every child needs; we hire teachers that truly celebrate the milestones that occur in early childhood. The owners' are on-site and hands-on and ensure that the school takes a personal interest in every teacher, child and family. Finally, our mission is clear and simple, the school strives to develop each child's natural curiosity and creativity in order to provide a foundation to encourage each child's lifelong love of learning.
As a top performing School, we have created programs that promote high achieving students, in a hands-on, age-appropriate manner that include:
• Monthly STEM Units
• Smart Boards in the classroom
• Guided Reading Programs
• Reader's Theater
• Literacy and Math Assessments to drive instruction
• Daily Special Enrichment Instruction (PE, Yoga, Spanish, Sign Language, Music, Chess)
• Summers filled with meaningful learning opportunities, including Special Visitors and Field Trips
* Must love working with children (experience in child care preferred)
* Willing to work 7-10 weeks over the Summer
* Willing to work the hours of 8-5 or 9-6 (with a one hour break for lunch)