The Selects Gallery is currently looking for highly motivated college or graduate-level interns for the Fall/Winter 2021 season.
(with a possibility to extend into Spring 2022).
We are looking for interns to begin in September and commit to a minimum of three days a week. We will work to accommodate your schedule to the best of our ability.
About us: The Selects Gallery (www.theslectsgallery.com) opened three years ago and is based in NYC. It was founded by former executive Marie Audier D’Alessandris.
The gallery’s mission is to unearth the hidden gems of Fashion photography and create a platform to discover the works of renowned international photographers. With the major shifts in the media world, we will soon be nostalgic about that incredible creative talent bubbling on a set and populated major glossies. The Selects combs through the archives of past and present beauty and fashion images and displays them within thematic exhibitions in extensive formats.
• Degree in Art History or related subject
• Interest in Art and Curatorship
• Highly organized and attentive to details
• Good communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Proficiency in InDesign and Photoshop
• Excellent writing skills
• Expertise in social media management
Duties: You will assist with:
• Managing and maintaining the gallery’s online presence both on social media and on other dedicated platforms
• Keeping our website up to date in regard to rotating exhibitions, artist opportunities, residencies, etc.
• Photographing (& editing) opening receptions and events (having your own camera NOT required). Assisting in the creation of mailers.
• Developing content for our communication platforms: email, social media, eCommerce site, managing and growing our community of users, shaping our brand identity through our blog, email database, social media
• Conceive design and develop content to present the gallery and documentation for our product
• Support with daily operations of our gallery
• Organizing events if relevant, pop-ups and shows, and related communication stream
Working closely with the founder - the intern will have a unique opportunity to be a part of the daily operations of our gallery, observing, learning, and participating in everything from small logistical steps to overarching strategy evaluations. We are a small team, and this position would provide the qualified intern with a well-rounded experience in various areas of the gallery world with a strong focus on online.
The specific benefits include:
• $20/day will be provided for food and transportation when meeting in person.
• Monthly hour-long one-on-one mentorship sessions, if requested by the intern
• Opportunity to informally meet artists represented by the gallery
• Help writing a cover letter, resume, and planning next professional steps
• Support in efforts to arrange for academic credit