Art Gallery Intern
ART GALLERY INTERN
Richard Taittinger Gallery is currently seeking a highly motivated and reliable person for the role of Gallery Intern. The ideal candidate must be reliable, calm, organized, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment and be interested in pursuing a career in the arts.
We are looking for a commitment for three full days a week for a minimum of 3 months. The hours are from 11 AM to 7 PM. On the day of an exhibition opening, interns should plan to be available until 9 PM.
• Reliable and detail-oriented
• Possesses strong written and oral communication skills
• Art history, design, curatorial studies or fine arts background required
• Fluency with Mac platform and the Microsoft Office Suite is required
• Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign, photo editing, digital photography, video production/editing is preferred
• An interest in contemporary art, the art market, and the art world
• Daily administrative tasks as assigned by the Gallery Assistant or other gallery staff
• Maintaining a friendly demeanor toward guests at the front desk reception area and keeping the front desk reception area clean and organized
• Creating and updating records as requested: contacts, inventory, artist imagery
• Filing documents, updating sales materials, CVs, press kits, acting as a local courier, running gallery errands and art market such duties as needed
• Conducting industry-oriented research
• Light art handling
This is a great opportunity for a graduate or undergraduate student looking to gain hands-on experience in the art business. If you are this exceptional candidate, please email your resume and cover letter (in PDF format only) to ------------ (subject line: “GALLERY INTERNSHIP”).
Please be sure to indicate any foreign languages you can speak/read and detail your experience with the above-mentioned technologies and software.
School credit for interns can be arranged. Please note that there is a possibility of a modest stipend that covers reimbursement for a metro card and lunch.
Art History, Gallery, Research