DB Accounting and Brokerage is a local CPA firm that also specializes in business brokering. We are located in Harrisonburg, VA just off Route 42. The position of Accounting Intern is a professional position that functions to perform various basic accounting tasks. We believe the best way to learn is through practice; therefore, our accounting interns can truly experience the process of completing live engagements, such as income tax returns. Should you join our team as an Accounting Intern, you would have the opportunity to be an involved member of tax preparation procedures, as well as the chance to gain a wealth of knowledge from David Black and Eileen Thomas, our Accounting Partner and Accounting Manager (respectively).
Accounting Interns are expected to:
· Interact with firm personnel in a courteous and professional manner
· Be able to work effectively as part of a team, and function well independently
· Have a strong commitment to superior client service
· Be organized and detail-oriented
· Be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
· Assist with audit engagements
· Assist with corporate and partnership income tax returns
· Prepare individual income tax returns
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
· In the process of obtaining a bachelor’s degree with no less than a 3.0 GPA
· Displays the ability to make sound decisions under pressure
· Efficient computer skills, particularly in MS Word & Excel, as well as QuickBooks
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to prioritize projects and operate independently with minimal daily supervision
· Absolute discretion when dealing with confidential matters
This opportunity is invaluable to an aspiring accountant, as the experience is truly interactive and engaging.
The Accounting Intern is a temporary paid position with a pay rate of $15/hour.
This position is part-time and has flexible hours.
Already a member? Sign in.
You must confirm your email address before you may sign in. Please check your inbox or your spam folder for the account verification email, or click here to resend.';