PAID Accounting Intern! $16.00/HR
The Accounting Intern position works alongside our accounting team and is involved in a variety of operational accounting tasks. This intern position will assist in the timely and accurate processing of high volume, detailed vendor invoices and reconciling vendor statements. Organization, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a great attitude are key elements to this role.
• Under supervision
• Receive vendor invoices and process against purchase orders.
• Confirm approval of vendor invoices and ensuring proper coding.
• Process and reconcile credit / debit memos against future invoices.
• Process payables for payment.
• Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
• Assist the accounts payable team in corresponding with vendors and responding to inquiries.
• Prepare software uploads using CSV / Excel spreadsheets.
• Compile supporting documents and checks for signatures.
• File, maintain, and distribute accounting documents, records and reports as required
• Assist in month-end close, year-end close, audits and tax packages
• Complete other projects as assigned
• Jr. or Sr. standing seeking a degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting
• 3.0 or higher GPA preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
* Microsoft Excel a MUST, advanced knowledge preferred. General Ledger software also preferred
• Prior experience using a computerized accounting system; Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus
• Knowledge of fundamental accounting principles
• A self-starter and will dig into problems
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
• Positive interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong attention to detail, goal oriented, and organizational skills required
• Honest, ethical and handles things in confidential manner
Please send cover letter & resume to ------------