We are hiring a qualified SPED Paraprofessional for the 2023-2024 school year.
We are looking for candidates who are ready to join our great team and will continue to help us grow. We have a family environment and treat our team with respect.
La Paloma Academy (Marana Campus) is located at 13644 N Sandario Rd. in Tucson. The office is open M-F from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The campus is amazing and our enrollment continues to grow. We are looking for energetic and dedicated teachers to join us in this dynamic work environment, serving our community’s youth.
Pay range is $17.00 – $20.00 per hour, depending on experience. Applicants must have experience working with children between the ages of 5-16, and must have a current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card. Must be willing to work the following hours: M-F 7:30a.m. – 3:30p.m.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Please do not apply if you do not meet ALL minimum requirements):
- Background check
- Must have the following credentials:
- Associate’s degree (60 hours of college credit)
- A passing score on one of the approved paraprofessional assessments
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Provide services to students on your caseload
- Fulfill educational requirements for students with an individualized education program (IEP)
- Minimum of a high school diploma (or equivalent)
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed personality traits
- Candidate must love working with children, and bring creativity into the classroom
- Courteous and professional demeanor and dress
- Must be a team player and highly flexible
- Ability to operate computers, classroom technology, and computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, copiers, and cell phone functions such as text, email, etc.)
ALSO DESIRED (not required):
- Track record of past academic achievement with children
- Willingness to bring other skills, abilities, ideas, and time to the school
- Experience working in the charter school sector