The Sales Associate is a self-starter who thrives in a relationship-building role to maintain and grow the existing business, convert leads to B2B and D2C sales, and is able to identify areas of opportunity for the company.
This position will report directly to the President to play a key role in the growth of the company in their assigned sales channel and e-commerce sales. This job is a good fit for someone who is interested in growing professionally, thrives in a sales role, and driven to succeed.
- Cultivate relationships with existing customers and open new accounts
- Prepare a business development strategy for different sales channels
- Process orders, obtain shipping quotes, generate invoices, prepare product quotes, and anything else part of the sales pipeline
- Report sales activity and forecast to executive management
- Achieve or exceed revenue targets
- Be able to answer questions about products and services, and make recommendations about products based on identifying customer needs
- Create and maintain online content for e-commerce stores, website, e-newsletter, and social media that attracts and converts B2B and D2C groups
- Experiment with organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis
- Generate lead activity and make outbound cold and warm sales calls
- Build and maintain a pipeline of sales concurrently
- Develop presentation decks for sales and training
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Technology, Business, Marketing, or related field preferred but not required
- 1+ year in engineering, sales, business development, technology, communication, e-commerce sales, or digital marketing a plus
- Proficiency in English is a must. Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
- Experience in graphic design, digital marketing, Photoshop, or InDesign a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Self-motivated to learn about our products, technology, customers, and industry
- Able to communicate product technology and features clearly and efficiently through verbal, written, and presentation for internal and external audiences
- Strong problem-solving/analysis, communication, and sales management skills
- Occasionally lift, carry, and/or move items up to 30 lbs. without assistance
- Personable, high energy, go-getter personality who is also reliable, has integrity, and team-oriented to help other team members across the organization
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- You will be required to stand, walk, or crouch in this role
- Knowledge and usage of office machines will be required
- Must be willing to travel to visit customers and attend industry trade shows
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own transportation
Schedule: Full-time, non-exempt
Normal Business Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Wage: $12 to $15/hour base + commission on all sales beyond the monthly target and for new accounts that meet order minimums
Benefits (after 90-day trial period): Health insurance, paid holidays, and accrued paid time off
Dress Code: Smart casual
Location: Brea, California
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It is not all-inclusive. Additional duties, responsibilities, and assignments may be required with or without notice.
We are passionate about power management solutions to keep businesses and individuals moving forward, even during a power outage. From the small desktop solution to enterprise applications, Maruson offers a portfolio of power solutions to meet today’s always-connected world.
We are ambitious, goal-driven individuals who thrive under individual and team projects for the business. Our team is at the core of who we are; the results keep us in business, which is why we have an open workspace for easier collaboration to help each other succeed. Each team member brings different life and work experiences that keep our business growing.
Maruson is an Equal Opportunity Employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and other legally protected classes. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose. We maintain a drug-free environment.
Unsolicited referrals and resumes from search firms or employment agencies are considered Maruson property and therefore, Maruson will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. Maruson is not interested in working with any recruiting agencies or headhunters at this time.