Union Jack Pub—Broad Ripple is currently interviewing kitchen professionals who will help the team provide an exceptional dining experience to our Guests and who will proudly represent the pub with a positive, high-energy attitude. Union Jack Pub Broad Ripple Kitchen Professionals cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, pizzas, and other hot food products as well as preparing and portioning foo prior to cooking. In addition, this position performs other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
• Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
• Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, pizzas, and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Graciously and quickly fulfills any guest request possible.
• Completes opening and closing checklists.
• Refers to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
• Promptly reports equipment and food quality or shortage problems to General Manager.
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, recipes, policies and procedures.
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area.
• Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing, or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning, and/or marinating.
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
• Handles, stores, labels, and rotates all products properly and in accordance to applicable state laws.
• Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the General Manager or manager-on-duty.
• Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members.
• Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen, and dining room personnel.
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
• Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
• Be able to work in a fast paced kitchen environment.
All applications will be reviewed by the management team. We will contact viable candidates to schedule in-person interviews. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Thank you for your time and interest in Union Jack Pub—Broad Ripple.
We look forward to hearing from you. - EOE -