Landscape Maintenance Assistant
LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT
Reports to: Facilities Coordinator (Martin Almanza)
Employment Status: Part-Time OR Full-time – approximately 20-40 hours per week
FSLA Status: NON - EXEMPT
Position Overview: Responsible for assisting with orchard property maintenance, off-site facilities and equipment (including shipping containers, farming implements, tools and supplies) at multiple orchard locations in Orange County. Perform specialized tasks such as tree pruning, mulching, application of foliar and soil nutrients, implementing beneficial insect releases, weed control and other pest control interventions as required.
1. Responsible for diesel and gas-powered equipment maintenance and repairs
2. Responsible for equipment inventory and security
3. Enforce and apply safety rules and Company established standard protocols
4. Maintain equipment in a clean, easily accessible and proper working condition
5. Assist with clean-up of shipping containers, equipment yard and warehouse facilities
6. Apply fertilizers and insecticides using proper safety equipment (including organic)
7. Clean landscaped areas of debris and sweep surrounding hard surfaces
8. Assist with irrigation scheduling, monitoring equipment for adjustment or needed repairs
9. Perform routine gardening work
10. Perform other tasks and special projects as required
1. Demonstrate initiative
2. Valid California Driver’s License
3. Communicate efficiently in English and Spanish
4. Able to operate landscape hand tools and power equipment
5. Understand all aspects of equipment maintenance and warehousing
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to move objects and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination, and stamina.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb ladders, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is required to walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Often ascends/ descends a ladder to service the crops. Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
1. Bend: flexion of the upper trunk forward while standing and knees extended or
knees flexed when sitting
2. Lift: exertion of physical strength to move objects (up to
40lbs.) from one level to another.
3. Carry: hold or rest weighted objects (up to 40 lbs.) directly
on hands, arms, shoulders or back while moving from one location to another
4. Climb: ascend/descend with gradual or continuous progress, using both hands
5. Push: exertion of force on or against an object (up to 40
lbs.) to move it from one location to another
6. Feel: perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape,
temperature or texture by touching with skin
Regularly works around moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times.
1. Driving car, truck, forklift or equipment
2. Working around moving equipment
3. Operating hazardous equipment
4. Exposure to dust, gas or fumes
5. Excessive noise, vibrations, sensory conditions
6. Working in sunshine or inclement weather
7. Wet/dry conditions
8. Hot/Cold –Inside/outside
9. Working in dark areas
10. Physical contact with chemicals or substances
11. Exposure to electric shock, vibration or toxic chemicals
Please visit our website at ------------ for more information about our company and opportunities for growth. We are looking for that special person who possesses the right combination of demonstrated skills, work ethic, communication abilities, aptitude and with a “can-do” attitude.
Landscape, Orchard, Maintanence