Lewis Bass International Engineering Services, an electrical safety company, is in need of a qualified individual who is familiar with electrical equipment and is comfortable working in and around line voltage equipment. Field technicians perform thorough electrical inspections at our client’s sites and represent the LBIES team with professionalism.
About the Electrical Inspector Field Technician Role
LBIES field technicians are required to understand and interpret electrical system block diagrams and more complicated electrical drawings over time with additional in-the-field training under our senior field technician manager. An ideal field technician candidate is an individual with a solid understanding of electrical principles and their common machinery components which include power supplies, transformers, and over-current protection devices. Extensive training will be provided to the chosen candidate.
- Inspect manufacturing equipment per company-provided checklist at client’s facilities.
- Take and record accurate electrical measurements (temp, voltage, current) using a voltmeter or hi-pot device.
- Evaluate machinery for deficiencies and produce punch-lists of correctable issues for clients.
- Return visits to re-inspect final changes the client has made according to the checklist’s findings.
- Produce pictures and completed inspection checklists in a timely fashion for the project manager to review and prepare final reports.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license and a clear driving record (MVR).
- Familiar with electrical theory, concepts, and test equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction/direction.
- Familiarity with Office software and cloud computing.
- Ability to write technical reports clearly and concisely.
- Must be highly organized and punctual.
- Willingness to travel locally and regionally as necessary.
Nice To Have Skills/Not Required
- Thermography Inspection experience (will train if not proficient).
- Experience with national and state electric codes and/or industry standards.
- Paid sick and vacation time.
- Opportunity to develop into a senior field technician role.
engineer, field technician, electrical engineer, line voltage, inspection
Already a member? Sign in.
You must confirm your email address before you may sign in. Please check your inbox or your spam folder for the account verification email, or click here to resend.';