I. Position Overview
The Military Child Education Coalition (MCEC) is a nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization committed to improving the lives and educational achievement of military-connected children. The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative and conceptual thinker with experience creating and managing a variety of graphic design projects, including: logos and brands, product labels and images, web graphics (banners and ads), social media assets, e-brochures, instructional collateral, emails, fundraising appeals, newsletters, conference graphics, and digital assets.
Although teleworking may be an option, this position is located in Harker Heights, Texas and the salary offered reflects residency in Harker Heights and the surrounding area.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain and update an approved Style Guide standard and administer quality review and control of all design to Drive brand identity across multiple projects and platforms.
• Conceptualize, direct, and execute the design of MCEC signature marketing initiatives and campaigns for the National Training Seminar annual event, Month of the Military Child, Back to School, Call for the Arts, End of Year Campaign, Annual Report, On the Move Magazine, special projects and various collateral, i.e., brochures, flyers, and program materials.
• Present design concepts to internal stakeholders; provide effective design solutions and identify any potential design barriers.
• Collaborate with the Web & Social Media Manager to effectively integrate digital designs on the organization’s website, social media, and email.
• Work with MCEC stakeholders to develop creative ideas and results.
• Prepare specs for vendor quotes; serve as the marketing point of contact with vendors.
• Update production matrix and attend production meetings.
• Project manage and execute creative concepts and campaigns through various communication tactics - marketing, branding, digital advertising, photography, graphic design, video production, website branding, social media, and blogs to increase awareness of the MCEC brand.
• All other graphic design projects as assigned.
• Ideate and execute design through a wide variety of mediums and platforms.
• Collaborate and recommend solutions to cross-functional teams.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines, producing high-quality work, and maintaining a professional demeanor and positive attitude.
• Stay current with industry trends and developments.
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
III. Position Qualifications
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must be committed to the core values of the MCEC mission. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. There may be alternatives to the below qualifications as Senior Management may find appropriate and acceptable. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (BFA in Graphic Design is preferred)
• Minimum of three years’ experience in design or related field
Knowledge & Skills
• Strong design, illustration, and typographic skills.
• Experience working with responsive design.
• Ability to effectively execute and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• Strong communication skills and writing.
• Fluent in Adobe suite (Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop).
• Ability to maintain professional comportment in stressful situations and demonstrates exceptional leadership to bring resolution to conflicts.
IV. Selection Process
Our selection process will be conducted in phases.
Phase One: In addition to the cover letter and resume, applicants must also complete one of the two tasks listed below:
1) Social media graphic for our new mission - MCEC supports all military-connected children by educating, advocating, and collaborating to resolve education challenges associated with the military lifestyle.
2) One-page flyer to promote MCEC Parent Programs. Here is some information to use for the flyer:
• Our Mission - To support all military-connected children by educating, advocating, and collaborating to resolve education challenges associated with the military lifestyle.
• Our Work - MCEC delivers programs, services, and professional development to meet the needs of military-connected students, parents, and professionals.
• Parent Programs - MCEC parent programs empower parents to become informed, proactive supporters, allowing them to make a positive impact in the needs of their children. Parent to Parent™ provides informative and interactive parent workshops to groups and organizations in the local community that address academic, social, and emotional issues associated with a military family lifestyle.
• Our Logo - Our logo should be used on this flyer and it can be found here: ------------
• To learn more, visit ------------ - 909 Mountain Lion Circle, Harker Heights, Texas 76548 • ------------ • ------------ • CFC #10261
Qualified candidates may be invited to submit further documentation prior to the video interview process. These individuals will also be expected to submit the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for three professional references.
Phase Two: Based on the video interview results, a select number of candidates will be invited to a video interview with additional members of the MCEC selection team
V. Selection Timeline
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The desired start date is 1 February 2021 or sooner.
non-profit, military, graphic design, illustration, photography