The North Dakota State University Foundation is seeking mission-driven individuals interested in joining a growing team dedicated to connecting people, developing partnerships, teamwork, accountability, transparency, stewardship, communication and service.
The Foundation invites candidates for a Graphic Artist, a full-time non-exempt position reporting directly to the Director of Communications. The Graphic Artist supports the mission of the Foundation through executing a variety of graphic and design needs for various units across the organization. This highly collaborative position requires originality and expertise to be applied to a variety of creative projects across platforms.
Screening will begin February 12, 2021 and remain open until filled.
Applicants must complete the NDSU Foundation online application and submit a cover letter, resume, and 3-5 jpg images of your work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Graphic Design Services
* Create original graphic artwork for various print and digital platforms
* Work with the director of communications and writer on proposal layout and design
* Work with the director of communications on print magazine layout and design
* Collaborate and brainstorm with members of the events team to create impactful creative assets (graphics, GIFs, infographics, animations) for event promotion
* Work with development team, director of communications, and writer to produce personalized stewardship documents, funding concepts, funding proposals, case statements, donor endowment reports
* Collaborate with VP of development, CFO, and director of communications to design annual endowment reports
* Evaluate current branding for the NDSU Foundation and work with the director of communications to strategize any rebranding needs
* Work with IS team on any digital communication design needs, including emails and website design
* Work with Foundation team members to produce various marketing materials
* Seek new and innovative methods for increased donor participation through visual communications
* Seek out professional development opportunities to learn more about the use of visual communications in fundraising to enhance the user experience
* Advise Foundation team members on effective design strategies for various marketing and promotional campaigns
Manage Print Services for the Foundation
* Coordinate printing and mailing with local print houses
* Manage ordering of Foundation branded stationary
* Continually examine industry best practices and present improvement opportunities
* Manage philanthropic opportunities with community partners
* Establish working relationships with Foundation colleagues, partners and donors to advance a culture of philanthropy
* Other duties as assigned
* Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track
* Efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
* Maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs
* Maintain records and prepare reports
* Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
*Plan, prioritize and meet deadlines
*Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
* Interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, internal staff, University community and the public
* Work cooperatively and effectively with others to identify and resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
* Maintain confidentiality of records and information
* Display excellent judgment and decision making
* Follow through on projects with little supervision
* Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
* Prompt and reliable attendance.
* Demonstrate support of Foundation mission and beliefs.
* Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, multimedia, art, or related field
* 2-5 years of experience in graphic design or related field
* Expert original graphic artist and experience in animation creation at a high professional level
* Master of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong proofreading skills; strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively through various mediums to all levels
* Willingness to collaborate on creative asset production and ability to stick with a project until the goal is fully realized
* Openness to receiving and delivering critical, constructive feedback and ability to engage in discussions regarding design projects along with exceptional customer service skills, with ability to identify new ideas and execute effectively
* Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties and ability to manage multiple time-sensitive tasks and projects; deadline driven
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with appropriate discretion
* 5-10 years of professional experience in graphic design or related field
* Professional video and photography experience
* Experience in Adobe Lightroom and Premiere
* Strategic thinker
Physical and Mental Demands:
* Constantly operates a computer/smartphone/tablet. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move about the office, determine what others have said or written, critical thinking and converse with others and exchange accurate information. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office and within the community. May also include occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving objects. Occasionally required to move, raise, reach and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds.
The position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities, duties and requirements: but to describe the standard level of work being performed. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned or as required by the needs of the business. The NDSU Foundation reserves the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
The NDSU Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, status as a U.S. veteran, or participation in lawful activity off the employer's premises, as applicable.