Whitefox is currently looking for a Field Engineer to join our Operations team based in the USA. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with the engineering teams, this role is key to the successful delivery of Whitefox customer satisfaction. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative, growing technology business with a focus on Clean energy and sustainability.
To be successful in this role, you will be a pragmatic person with high performance orientation and proven practical experience. The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Promote safety in your work above all else.
• Support operations of existing industrial membrane and distillation installations.
• Gather industrial data for engineering analyses.
• Travel frequently to maintain a regular onsite presence at existing industrial installations.
• Analyze industrial data, draft equipment performance reports and procedures.
• Assist in commissioning of new equipment.
• Represent Whitefox at tradeshows and conferences.
• Maintain 24/7 remote support capacity.
• Great customer care may require significant time on site travel, 10% - 70% of total time.
What you’ll bring
• Bachelor’s degree in chemical, mechanical, electrical, or similar engineering discipline from an accredited university. (Alternatively, 4+ years of experience in the ethanol industry).
• 1 – 3 years industry experience.
• Understand the basic principles of mass and material balance.
• Strong MS Office familiarity, MS Excel in particular.
• Basic understanding of industrial equipment, e.g. pumps, heat exchangers, distillation columns, etc.
• Familiarity with other data processing systems a plus.
• Familiarity with ethanol production a plus.
• Ability to meet demanding deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Analytical ability.
• Sound problem solving and judgement.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Passion for technology and sustainability.
b. Corporate Values Required
• Integrity and commitment to ethical business practices.
• Consistency and reliability.
• Collaborative approach.
• Achievement orientated.
Who are we? At Whitefox, we Waste Less and Produce More. This applies not only to the work we do but also to the people who do it. We work with our customers to:
• Consume less energy and water and create production efficiencies.
• Curtail harmful emissions and foster healthy environments.
• Waste fewer person-hours and increase innovation.
• Trim client costs and improve sustainability and the global economy.
We are innovators; we use our proprietary technologies to develop beautifully engineered solutions with global partners collaboratively.
We are influencers; we challenge incumbent technology providers and create opportunities for producers (our customers) to think differently.
Our markets are global; Our primary near-term market focus is the North American Bioethanol sector – this is an exciting sector making a meaningful impact on reducing emissions. However, we also have clients who make Vitamin C, perfume, and vodka – so variety is part of this opportunity. We are looking beyond North America to expand into Brazil, Asia and Europe.