Amp the Cause is a Denver-based nonprofit organization that improves the lives of families through entertainment, annual events, and community service projects. We raise critical health and education funds, generate awareness of local charities, use monetary and in-kind donations to help children with life-threatening illnesses, and provide opportunities for kids to participate in educational programs in a safe and healthy environment.
We are seeking an Event Coordinator to join our team! The Event Coordinator is a crucial member of the Amp the Cause team. Our events create awareness and support for nonprofits in the community – particularly those that focus on improving the lives of children and families.
Event Coordinators are cross-functional team members who collaborate towards a common goal of impacting the community for good through events, fundraising initiatives, and volunteerism.
At Amp the Cause, we are a small, highly collaborative team. Event Coordinators will assist with every aspect of each event that we produce. The primary annual events include:
1) Celebrity Waiter: A hilarious evening of giving back, which raises funds through a hysterical dining experience to support Amp the Cause’s mission
2) Community Day: The largest single day of service event in Denver in which nearly 1,000 volunteers participate in in-kind service projects at over 50 local nonprofits that support children and families.
3) Denver Day of Rock: An all-day live music event in Downtown that activates the mall, brings together the community and raises funds to support local nonprofits.
4) Holidays for Kids: For over 15 years, Holidays for Kids has provided an annual Christmas experience for over 1,000 Free and Reduced lunch school children who otherwise would miss out on a holiday celebration.
5) Fill the Void: Provides $250 gift cards to local neighborhood supermarkets to the most vulnerable and negatively impacted families suffering from hunger and food insecurity due to poverty, economic turmoil, job loss, housing insecurity, the impacts of the Covid-19, and immigration barriers.
This position works from Amp the Cause’s office in the heart of downtown Denver (conveniently located next to Union Station), as much of the preparations for the events require in-person tasks and collaboration with the team.
Passionate about making a difference in the community. Experience with nonprofit event fundraising preferred.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Highly organized and skilled in managing multiple projects simultaneously
Maintain composure under stressful situations
Comfortable working on-site at events and in an office
Capacity to work nights and weekends as needed for events
Coordinate with team members to manage all aspects of event logistics from conception to completion
Secure in-kind donations and event sponsors as needed to help meet revenue targets
Maintain communication with beneficiaries, committee members, volunteers, vendors, etc.
Develop and manage event timelines to ensure events stay on schedule
Conduct project site visits throughout Metro Denver – involves driving to/from site locations
Occasional lifting and moving materials as it relates to event preparation
General administrative office tasks
Nonprofit and event management experience
Strong project management and problem-solving skills
Ability to work well in teams
Ability to meet goals in a fast-paced environment by adhering to strict timelines
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
Complimentary, covered parking at our downtown office
Paid vacation (10 days), paid sick days (3 per year), paid Holidays (7 per year)
With three out of the four prominent annual events taking place before June, Amp the Cause is looking to hire the right person immediately to join the team.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to ------------