Oregon League of Conservation Voters Job Announcement: Engagement Organizer
The Oregon League of Conservation Voters (OLCV) is the political voice of Oregon's environmental community. OLCV is a non-partisan, non-profit organization that -- along with its sister organizations the OLCV Education Fund and the OLCV PAC-- passes laws to protect our natural legacy, elects pro-environment candidates, and holds our elected officials accountable. OLCV is committed to creating a culture of justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organization and outward. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our staff as our Engagement Organizer. The position will be based out of OLCV’s Bend office, with required travel to different regions of the state.
Job Description: The engagement organizer is responsible for recruiting, engaging, mobilizing, and tracking OLCV members and volunteers to build political power for the environment and climate action in Oregon. The work includes recruiting new and more diverse members, organizing local events, and volunteer recruitment and mobilization for OLCV campaigns and priorities. Most of the work will take place on the phone and in the field.
We are looking to hire: an enthusiastic person with a desire to change the world through the political process and a strong commitment to: the environment; climate action; OLCV’s mission; and racial, social, and environmental justice. You’ll be a team player, a quick learner, and a hard worker with strong organizing and interpersonal skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
● Assisting OLCV Organizing Manager in planning, engagement of volunteers, and other assigned tasks
● Recruiting and mobilizing OLCV members to communicate effectively with legislators on our priorities
● Executing and participating in campaign field plans including phone banking, text banking, and canvassing; and coordinating with candidate campaigns and groups during elections
● Representing OLCV and maintaining a local presence in key regions of the state
● Share in OLCV’s commitment to working on equity and justice
Some other qualities and skills we appreciate:
● Experience recruiting, training, and managing volunteers
● Experience on an election, issue campaign, or public education campaign
● A demonstrated interest in environmental issues, especially on climate change
● Excellent one-on-one communication skills and a passion for interacting with people
● Strong computer skills, including experience with spreadsheets, databases, and VAN
Location: Based in Bend, with some travel required across Oregon. Potential candidates must have transportation & ability to travel. This is a full-time position and requires some evenings and weekends. During the COVID-19 pandemic, staff can work remotely or in the office (if vaccinated), with more in-person work when safe to do so.
Compensation: The salary for this position is $40,000/year along with holiday, PTO, sabbatical, retirement, and health/dental/vision benefits. The Engagement Organizer will have access to significant training resources both in-house and at National and Regional LCV conferences.
To Apply: Submit your resume and a one-page letter describing why you are a good fit via email to jobs @olcv.org with Engagement Organizer in the subject line. Applications are due no later than July 5th. No phone calls please.
OLCV is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and people of color are encouraged.