JOB TITLE: Mobile Technician FLSA: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Maintenance
SUMMARY: Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: “Essential functions” are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
· Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
· Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; completing winterization procedures.
· Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
· Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements.
· Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
· Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
· Enters and updates TMT software, opens, data entry and closes repair orders.
· Maintains a clear line of communication to the Assistant Director of Maintenance and other staff in the maintenance department via phone and data entered in TMT.
· Keeps mobile shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
· Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
· Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
· Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Class A CDL license preferred but not required.
· Skilled in tooling, supply management, inventory control, use of mechanical inspection tools and technical understanding.
· Knowledge of DOT compliance, laws, rules, regulations and safety is helpful.
· Knowledge of Cummins insite, Davie, TMT and People Net a plus.
· Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and completion in preparing and entering information.
· Attention to detail and possess a high level of accuracy.
· Comfortable working in a fast pace environment and ability to stay calm under pressure.
· Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain positive relationships with dispatch team and auto haulers.
· Possess effective verbal and listening skills.
· Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and strain when performing essential duties. Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with time constraints, interruptions and stressed dispatchers and drivers.
· Work may require more than 40 hours per week.