Park Place of Elmhurst, a CCRC Community offers a full range of services for families who need retirement living, assisted living, rehab, skilled nursing, and more. We are seeking a Full-Time Cook candidate to join its team.
The primary purpose of your job position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Executive Director, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
• Review menus prior to preparation of food; and ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Executive Director.
• Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
• Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
• Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of Head Cook.
• Supervise and direct Dietary Staff to perform job tasks as required.
• Process special requests for food changes as received from nurse.
• Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus.
• Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
• Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
• Responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area.
Full-Time Hours: 10am-6pm. Various days, includes weekend.
• 2 years of professional cooking experience.
• Must have an Illinois Food Sanitation license.
• Experience in senior living facility preferred.
• Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
• Must be knowledgeable of dietary procedures.
• Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
• Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
Providence Life Services is a certified Great Place to Work employer. Please visit our GPTW webpage at:http://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7021858