Client Service Representative
McGriff, Seibels & Williams, Inc. is a national leader in the insurance consulting industry. We are looking for an entry-level Team Support/Client Service Representative for our Alternative Risk Financing group in our Portland, Oregon office. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree, where an English degree and/or bookkeeping is a plus, and be eager to work and possess a combination of refined writing and communication skills, business acumen and mathematics skills, and proficiency in office software.
About the Office:
For fourteen years, our Portland office has been a rapidly growing part of our national company. We have a competitive benefits package, bus pass, 6% match 401k, and competitive salary scale with aggressive bonus plan. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Entry-Level Administrative Support Position Summary:
Work with a team of fourteen (14), in an office of 48, to achieve efficient and effective communication, and provide outstanding client support to members and prospects of a property and casualty insurance program administered by McGriff.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
• Administration of a underwriting database
• Assist in maintaining membership database, mailing lists, and other underwriting information
• Run reports and furnish them to appropriate parties
• Assist in peer review quality control process of client correspondence
• Assist in writing, proofing and editing newsletters, annual reports, and marketing fliers
• Track agreements/contracts and follow-up as appropriate
• Maintenance and distribution of coverage information to clients
• Assist with paper and electronic renewals as needed
Team Underwriting Support
• Assist in preparing and making bank deposits
• Assist in processing exposure changes and changes to coverage lines in database and issuing confirmations
• Assist in preparing new and renewal coverage comparison proposals
• Assist with renewal coverage and deductible options
• Enter underwriting information, suspense and follow-up
• Process cancellation notices for member non-payments
• Issue Certificates and Evidence of Coverage documents as requested
• File and maintain electronic records
• Compile loss experience rating worksheets
• Assist in the review, justification, promulgation and entry of rates
• Copying, scanning, sorting, assembling and mailing of documents as needed
• Assist with special projects as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Currently we are working remotely due to Pandemic concerns but will review this in June for appropriateness.
Insurance, English Major, Underwriting, Alternative Risk