Business Development Representative
ClipperData is a dynamic and growing company. If you have an interest in working in a creative, fast-moving and intellectually challenging environment, our company may be a great fit for you.
ClipperData is currently seeking a Business Development Representative to join our team in our Houston, Texas office. The ideal candidate has an outgoing personality who can generate leads for the sales team, has a demonstrated history of leadership potential, detailed oriented, and adaptable as this is a versatile role.
• Identify and cold-call C-level and other executive management contacts to initiate new sales opportunities
• Demonstrate sales and data collection techniques to anticipate prospect need and determine product fit
• Manage and maintain Salesforce for all new leads generated
• Develop individual opportunity strategies to effectively penetrate new accounts
• Utilize existing Client relationships and professional networks to generate new leads
• Build compelling value propositions aligned with prospect requirements
• Execute internal account management, business development and sales methodologies on a consistent basis
• Utilize lead-generation platforms and methods for the development of new business
• Maintain a “hunter” mentality at all times to also develop new organic business
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment and adjust to constantly evolving priorities when needed
• Must have some business development experience, with a proven ability to generate new business
• Prior experience with a high outbound call-volume is important
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills with an engaging phone presence
• Strong ability to successfully secure appointments from lead-generating activities
• Experience researching and quickly understanding a variety of industries, and initiating relationships with executive-level management
• Self-motivated and resourceful go-getter with the ability to work independently
ClipperData is a fast-paced, growing maritime data analytics company. We provide comprehensive data sets, analysis, and commentary on global energy and a variety of other commodities. Not only do we track movements on a vessel-by-vessel basis, but also cargo-by-cargo, and dock-to-dock. Using a combination of unique data collection techniques and exclusive licensing arrangements with best-in-the-business data providers, we apply proprietary algorithms to build our data sets. We then deliver the data directly to your desktop on a lightning-fast data-cube platform that lets you drill down, filter, chart, and export, all inside your browser. In addition, daily and weekly reports are produced to give vital insights into emerging and evolving trends.
We love what we do.
ClipperData is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to the principles and practices outlined in the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, religion, disability or national origin and Public Law 90-202 which prohibits discrimination based on age.
Business Development, sales