Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities and females are encouraged to apply. Background, pre-employment drug, nicotine, and physical required. Incentives offered for non-nicotine users.
Assist in the monitoring of a successful and professional EEO program and presence within the construction industry to include assisting with preparation of all EEO/DBE correspondence and affiliated tasks.
EEO Assistant reports to the EEO Officer
High School Graduate and minimum of three years’ experience in similar construction-based environment.
B. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The essential functions of this position include; sitting, standing, walking, climbing, reaching, bending, trunk movements, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, dexterity of hands and fingers, seeing, hearing and talking.
C. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
1. Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
2. Microsoft Outlook; professional email communication, calendar, scheduling, distribution lists.
3. Microsoft Teams
4. Certified Payrolls: ability to calculate and review submissions
5. Understanding of EEO forms and schedules; FDOT Daily Work Reports (DWR)
6. Understanding of DBE processes and reporting
7. Understanding confidential protocol
8. Ability to create and manage electronic files
9. Knowledge of construction and project terminology (contract, insurance, sublet, etc)
10. Company regulated software; occasional 3rd party, pilot program payroll reporting software
11. Ability to establish good working relationships with customers, contractors, and co-workers
D. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Open office environment
Note: The following duties are descriptive and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties
does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Major duties include the following:
1. Review subcontract correspondence & payrolls of accuracy
2. Prepare & maintain project personnel meeting schedule; coordinate efforts with superintendents
3. Prepare new project files; hard copy & electronic
4. Manage the subcontractor database
5. Preparation of the Job Site Bulletin Board paperwork; monitor for updates
6. Manage the federal project list
7. Manage the OJT roster; collect weekly time reports
a. Attend pre-construction meetings when necessary
b. EEO audit preparation; collection & review of subcontractor submissions
c. Annual subcontractor’s workshop
d. Paperwork compliance issues
9. Work in conjunction with the Contract Compliance Specialist to ensure all compliance schedules are met
F. SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL:
1. Enforce all rules listed in the Ajax employee handbook.
2. Insure all Ajax quality standards are met.
3. Insure adherence to all federal, state, local and Ajax Safety and Environmental Rules and Regulations.
G. PERSONALITY REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands an individual with the following personality traits:
1. Accurate and well organized; self-motivated
2. Capable of making prompt and responsible decisions
3. Good communication skills
H. ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY:
1. Reporting to work on time, after lunch, and not leaving early unless authorized.
2. Always providing proper notification and advance notice of absence.
3. Not abusing or taking advantage of personal days off.
4. Maintaining work area in a neat and orderly manner.
5. Maintaining a well-groomed professional appearance.
6. Performing such other duties as may be require
Ajax offers a highly competitive pay and has excellent benefits; comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k) with discretionary employer match, life insurance, voluntary supplemental life insurance, flexible spending accounts, health and wellness program, direct deposit, referral bonuses, paid vacation and holidays.
office, assistant, eeo, construction, venice