This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Aquatics Coordinator at Chino Valley YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while also managing high-quality, member-focused aquatics programs.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
2. Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations and conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
3. Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. Onboards and develops them for success. Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
4. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
5. Manages the program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistic to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program; securing and scheduling the pool facilities; and creating and scheduling the classes, practices and meets.
· Communication & Influence
· Developing Self & Others
· Engaging Community
· Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred.
· YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
· One to two years related experience preferred (e.g., as an aquatics coordinator or supervisor).
· Within 30 days of hire, completion of Child Abuse Prevention, Working with Program Volunteers, CPR, First Aid, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens training.
· Completion of YMCA aquatics training and trainer certifications.
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
· Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
· Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour