Electronics Design Engineer
We are looking for both entry-level engineers with a passion for circuit design who want to build a career in the cutting-edge 5G wireless space, as well as industry veterans that will take a leadership role in our hardware design and manufacturing team. As part of a small, agile team, you will work alongside our experienced hardware design engineers to draft product requirements, capture design schematics and select components, perform physical PCB design and layout, handoff designs to manufacturing, and finally bring up and troubleshoot new products. You will work with mechanical, software, and test engineering teams to co-design your systems for volume manufacture and robust, outdoor reliability.
# Skills & Qualifications
• Degree in electrical or computer engineering (Ph.D./Master’s/Bachelor’s)
• Intimate knowledge of electronic circuit design and implementation
• Familiarity with 4G/5G or Wi-Fi radio systems
• Familiarity with microwave system design and high-speed PCB layout, signal integrity
• Intimate understanding of serial communications protocols, power system design, basic electronic components
• Altium Designer, Python, C/C++ experience
• Experience bringing up new embedded systems and debugging new products
• Ability to troubleshoot/debug Linux-based embedded systems
• Experience with using online collaboration tools and version control like Git
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Please reach out to us if you think you are a good fit for our company, even if you don’t see an exact match in our list of qualifications. We are a startup, and we all wear many hats. Your skills and expertise may be exactly what we need.
Please submit a cover letter, contact information, and your resume to jobs @ skylarkwireless . com with the email subject containing “Skylark Wireless Job Application” with the name of the position you are applying for.
# About Us
We are a wireless networking hardware startup headquartered in the vibrant heart of Houston, TX, specializing in Software-Defined Radios (SDR) and wireless beamforming or “Massive-MIMO” technologies for 5G wireless systems. Originally founded in 2012 by Ph.D. colleagues to provide custom software-defined radio equipment for research and development, today we design and manufacture 5G/Next-G radio solutions, addressing the needs of the rural broadband market.
Skylark’s proprietary Faros last-mile radio platform provides high-speed, point-to-multi-point (PtMP), non-line-of-sight (NLoS) links over tens of miles using patented Massive-MIMO technologies first developed at Rice University. Skylark is pre-Series A and funded through a mix of sales, seed investment, and federal grants. With your help, we will be bringing our next-generation Faros Massive MIMO system to market in the Texas region and beyond.
Skylark is an e-Verify company, and applicants MUST be authorized to work in the United States.