• To work professionally as a team member by contributing positively towards achievement of organizational corporate goals and to utilize my potentials effectively to build a career as an individual while making optimum use of available resources or opportunities in other to achieve best result to the satisfaction of clients and the organization.
• To be rated among the best in my field through constant upgrade of my skills and knowledge in other to meet the standard of the ever dynamic and challenging world.
INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH QUALIFICATIONS
2002 BA English & Literary Studies
University of Calabar, Cross River State.
2006 Certificate in Computer Studies
Aptech Worldwide, Lagos
2013 MBA –Masters in Business Administration (Human Resources Management Specialty) Lagos State University
2014 LLB – Bachelor of Law
National Open University of Nigeria
2017 - USCIS University Training – Immigration Overview- Houston Field Office
2016 – Strategies for Achieving Corporate Wellbeing
2012 - PTAC Training- Business Development with Excellence, Franchise Management and
Transformation. San Antonio, Texas USA
2009 - Stress Management Principle.
2004 - (Tom Associates Retreat) 2004 - Leadership Training and Teamwork
SHRM – Society for Human Resources Management – STUDENT MEMBER
WORK EXPERIENCE & ROLES HELD
ROYAL IMMIGRATION ADVOCATE – SEPTEMBER 2017 –TILL DATE
Position Held: Office Administrator – Volunteer Worker
• Currently receiving training to understand the basic immigration forms and how to complete the forms.
• Communicating with clients on matters as related to immigration.
• Receiving training on how to undertake general office administrative task on all immigration matters viz. Coordinate paperwork, maintain applications, records and all required documentation related to immigration or citizenship, including affidavits and applications according to program procedures and submit in a timely fashion.
• Maintain and increase my up-to-date knowledge of immigration law and policies through daily reading of publications, participation in webinars and attends periodic USCIS University training on immigration overview.
• Assist the director with scheduling, organizing and overseeing various program services as needed
KUNECH GROUP LIMITED - (1ST APRIL 2008- AUGUST 2017)
KUNECH GROUP LTD. GROUP HEAD, HUMAN RESOURCES & CORPORATE SERVICE
• Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate, implement new procedures and establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of human resources or personnel departments and Plan human resource requirements in conjunction with other departmental managers
• Co-ordinate internal and external training and recruitment activities as well as develop and implement labour relations policies and procedures and negotiate collective agreements.
• Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests and Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, maintenance and security services
• Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes
• Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls, Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
• Administer employee development, health, safety programs and direct the organization's quality management program and recommend changes or modifications to existing policies.
• Hire, Plan and administer staffing, total compensation, training and career development, employee assistance, employment equity and affirmative action programs
• Advise and assist other departmental managers on interpretation and administration of personnel policies and programs
• Organize and conduct employee information meetings on employment policy, determine eligibility to entitlements / benefits, compensation and participate actively on various joint committees
• Research employee benefit and Co-ordinate employee performance appraisal programs as well as administer staff consultation and grievance procedures
AS: INTERNATIONAL TRADE EXECUTIVE (TRADE DESK)
• Handling all Trade Finance Products including Letters of Credit, Guarantees and various trade related financing products in liaison with the Bank for the entire Group.
• Processing of Form M on CBN trade portal and arranging with the Bank for Pre Arrival Assessment Report. (PAAR)
• Draft and engage in Contractual agreement with suppliers in relation to importation of vehicles and finishing Materials for the company’s numerous project.
• Shipping arrangement- Follow up on deliveries and payment of outstanding dues
• Follow up on purchase order issuance, deposits and issue a purchase order to each vendor approved for the Project
• Review all purchase order and then forward to the management for approval, signature and subsequent payment.
• Present a cash flow funding schedule to the management that will allow a forecast on required funding for the Project
• Build and maintain effective relationships and deliver superior experience with suppliers
• Response to suppliers and other Bank's queries and ensure Issuance of LC, Amendment, Demands and Cancellation etc.
• Ensure all transactions are handled efficiently with any potential risks identified and mitigated
• Build effective networks using available knowledge to ensure we provide superior client service.
• Close liaison with Banks to ensure efficient processing and to ensure queries are addressed.
• Monitor transactions in the Group bank accounts on special projects
• Bank reconciliation. Collect financial information of the companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily reports, trading volumes, company financial statements and other financial reports
AS: COMPANY SECRETARY / EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CHAIRMAN
• Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, board and other meetings and take briefs from the Chairman for letters, Memos and Report writing.
• Establish and co-ordinate administrative policies and procedures for officials, committees and boards of directors.
Analyze incoming and outgoing memoranda, submits reports, co-ordinate the preparation and submission of summary briefs and reports to executives, committees and boards of directors
• Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees and boards of directors
• Meet with individuals, special interest groups and others on behalf of executives, committees and boards of directors to discuss issues and assess and recommend various courses of action
• Liaise with departmental and corporate officials and with other organizations and associations on behalf of executives, committees and boards of directors.
• Prepare and key in correspondence and legal documents, such as deeds, wills, affidavits and briefs, from handwritten copy, shorthand and machine dictation using computers
• Review and proofread documents and correspondence to ensure compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage
• Schedule appointments, meetings and conferences for the Chairman and attend meetings or conferences to take notes, minutes and dictation on behalf of the company.
• Set up and maintain filing systems, utilizing knowledge of legal records and procedures and frequently controlling confidential materials and Safe keeping of all company’s documents, confidential reports and statutory books.
• Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments or organizations
• Liaison with the general public by taking up the company’s social responsibility.
• Liaison with Airlines (Local & Int’l) with regard to: The Chairman’s Travelling Arrangements
/ Expenses and Board Members’ Travelling Arrangement / Expenses.
• Liaison with hotels or Suites with regard to making reservation for the members of board during board and/ Annual General meeting as the case may be, also arranging a befitting conference room for such forum in the absence of an in-house boardroom.
• Liaison with the Consular Dept. of Diplomatic Missions with Regard to VISA Applications
GREAT BRANDS NIGERIA LIMITED FMCG-KM 23, LEKKI-EPE EXPRESSWAY IKOTA LEKKI, LAGOS
FINANCIAL SECRETARY TO THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER- September 2007-
March 08 Responsibilities:
• Take briefs from the CFO for letters, Memos and Report writing.
• Support and manage all financial activities and documentation process
• Develop and present all financial analysis of all internet banking activities.
• Assessing and downloading of Statement of Account and checking of daily remittance balance from each region via the internet
• Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
• Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements
• Preparing of Bank reconciliation on Operation Account
• Use of Microsoft Navision for Posting and Updating
• Monitoring of GIT(Goods in Transit) and Collation of Sales Report from each Region
• Examine accounting records and prepare financial statements and reports
• Develop and maintain cost finding, reporting and internal control procedures
• Performs other functions that may be assigned by the CFO
BRICK HOUSE SOLICITORS - BABATUNDE AJOSE STREET V.I, LAGOS
Admin /Corporate Service Executive (June 06- Sept 07) Responsibilities:
• Liaise with clients and corporate representatives
• Seek new clients and briefs
• Media Management and public relations and generally propagate the image of the firm to other firms and corporate bodies
• Business communication support
• Word processing; record keeping and filing; operating telephones and switchboards; data entry; and other activities involving general office and administrative functions
• Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
• Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
• Sending and receiving correspondence
• Co-ordinate recruitment process, appraisal and interviews
• Receiving and attending to consultant.
• Identify products or services to be promoted & advise management on advertising needs.
PEOPLE TEMP. A Recruitment Agency, ISAAC JOHN STREET, G.R.A, IKEJA
Human Resources Assistant – January 05- May 06 Responsibilities:
• Advise job applicants on employment requirements and on terms and conditions of employment
• Review candidate inventories and contact potential applicants to arrange interviews and arrange transfers, redeployment and placement of personnel
• Sending and receiving correspondence
• Co-ordinate recruitment process, appraisal and interviews
• Receiving and attending to consultant
• Information dissemination on enquires
• Maintenance of Staff Record.
• Participate in selection, examination and evaluation of candidates
• Notify applicants of results of selection process and prepare job offers
GREENWICH TRUST LTD-V/I,LAGOS.Secretary/CRO-June 03-May 04
• Ensuring clients and visitors are given prompt attention
• Provide guidelines to customers and prospects
• Taking minutes during meetings, typing of memoranda, business letters and correspondence
• Computerization/maintenance of customer’s record & file management and taking of inventory Preparing/provision of financial information and report monthly required for decision making
• Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
• Sending and receiving correspondence.
• Receiving/attending to clients
• Information dissemination on enquires and Public Relations Management
• Corporate Marketing
• Attend to clients enquires made either in person, phone or through the company’s email
• Market the company’s services to the outside world
• Maintaining existing clients through good customer relations
• Prepare reports and briefs for management committees evaluating administrative services
NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORP. INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TROPICAL AGRICULTURE (I.I.T.A) IBADAN. Jan 2003:
MAIL / TELECOMMUNICATION OFFICER
• Sending / receiving of press statement and releases
• Prepare correspondence, reports, statements, forms, presentations, applications and other documents from notes or Dictaphone
• Respond to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries or forward to appropriate person
• Provide general information to staff, clients and the public regarding company or program rules, regulations and procedures
• Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
• Sort and file documents according to established filing systems, locate and retrieve documents from files as requested and maintain records of filed and removed materials
• Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
• Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically
• Send and receive messages and documents using fax machine or electronic mail
• Assist with administrative procedures such as budget submissions, contracts administration and work schedules
• Maintain inventory of office supplies, order supplies as required and arrange for servicing of office equipment
• Fax/Radio Operator, sending and receiving massages local and international
• Making and receiving phone calls on behalf of the institute
• Liaison with the print and Broadcast Media with regard to Press Conferences And Advert Placement.
• Strong Managerial and organizational skills with high level of creativity.
• Project Management and Business Development
• Sound Oral and Written communication skills,
• Proper Administrative strength with strong interpersonal skills
• Accurate record keeping, good Computer Skills, Proactive, Pragmatic and Result oriented
• Dedicated with excellent analytical and process skills. Highly motivated and enthusiastic, consistently delivers high quality work.
• Semantic Implication of Language in Newspaper Reporting (Print Media - A case Study of Nigerian Chronicle): B. Arts
• Criminal Liability and the Defense of Provocation under the Nigerian Criminal System- (An Analysis): LLB
• Influence of Motivation on Employees Job Performance in Lagos State. (A case Study of Two Public and Private Companies): MBA
Reading, Singing, Socializing, Philanthropy and Traveling
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS / WORK EXPERIENCE
I have a degree in English & Literary Studies and Masters in Business Administration as well as Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB). I am currently a registered student of Institute of Chartered secretaries and Administrators (ICSA). I have over 10 years work experience. I have acquired on the job and specific training to function effectively in various capacities. I can effectively apply rules and guidelines to direct the affairs of any given organization. I possess relevant training on leadership skills, office management and antisocial behavior patterns that will be an advantage to any team. I have been very successful in varying capacities within my years of experience and have worked extensively in varying industry in Nigeria which has equipped me for new challenges. I understand the emerging market concept in Nigeria and have forged links that will be useful tools that will lead to success in different capacities.
I have been the lead officer for several projects in my different capacities. My approach will always be to fully understand the dynamics of the environment I will be working, the objectives of the organization and devise plans and strategies to achieve them.
I am very creative and always explore different options of solving a problem and different methods depending on what resources are available
Having worked in various capacities in the Administration, Human Resources, Financial and Corporate Secretarial for over Ten years, I have an excellent understanding of leadership management in a political environment. I study the structures, functions and processes when planning and implementing any role in order to achieve success. I possess a clear understanding of the decision making hierarchy and delegated approval authority.
As part of my job, I ensure the compliance of the organization in relation to financial and legal practices, liaison between management and shareholders, and compliance as well as issues of corporate governance. I ensure that the information is correct, relevant and provided in line with strategic framework under which it is required. I also ensure that I am informed of issues and policies in the external environment that may affect the way a policy is devised and I am flexible to incorporate changes as they occur.
I possess varied knowledge of data and word-based software such as Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and other word-based applications. This has assisted me in producing reports, designing and monitoring performance standards
I appreciate the importance of teamwork, cover and feedback. I am able to work on my own initiative and as part of a team. I possess leadership qualities that have been beneficial to my work. I used training and mentoring as tools to foster commitment to one another and improve working relationships. I uphold to regular team meetings, workshops, away days and one-to- one also provide additional avenues for discussions of common problems, ideas, work outcomes and effectiveness.
Oral and written communications are integral parts of my job. I have a natural flair for writing and passion for the spoken word. I have an insatiable appetite for knowledge. In conveying information: I am usually clear, concise and avoid ambiguities. I also maintain the organizations’ standard for letters, reports and publicity materials for uniformity. I represent my company in different joint initiatives and meetings with our customers internally and in the government and private sectors to provide a better and more relevant services to our clients
As part of my current performance management process, I ask our service users for their views about our services and the feedback received is used to promote improved performance. I am aware that in the future there will be a duty for all best value authorities, including all agencies, to inform, consult and involve the people they serve. I am very proactive and working in a continuously changing environment, I respond quickly to the needs of the service.
Energy and Resilience:
As mentioned earlier, I have worked in different capacities that involved achieving the objectives of the organization with enthusiasm and drive. I am committed to continuous improvement in the service delivery. I am energetic and apply myself to the task at hand. I am able to work for long hours during periods of high demand in organization.
Available On Request
HUMAN RESOURCES /ADMINISTRATION