Focused, Global-Minded Procurement Professional
Joseph B. Beavers
ENTRY LEVEL PROCUREMENT/BUYER ASSISTANT
A conscientious, personable professional with a strong commitment to produce outstanding results in delivering
on-time projects through utilizing problem solving and tactful negotiation skills. Seeking opportunities to contribute in the procurement process of qualifying services and materials, verify vendors’ eligibility to meet service level agreements (SLA) requirements and maximize value in an organization’s corporate strategy.
Foundation in procurement with these core competencies:
Cost-Saving Strategies ∙ Customer Service ∙ Project Management ∙ Negotiations ∙ Legal Framing ∙ Analytical ∙ Sourcing
EDUCATION AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
STRAYER UNIVERSITY ∙ Charlotte, NC (January 2013)
Bachelor of Science, International Business Management
Microsoft Suite ∙ PeopleSoft ∙ Sharepoint ∙ E-Commerce and Internet ∙ ERP ∙ SAP ∙ Knowledge Management
RELEVANT PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACTS EXPERIENCE
HOME DEPOT, Katy, TX 04/2015-07/2017
Supply Chain Fulfillment Associate
• Sourcing and Prospecting customers’ requirements of personalized kitchen and bathroom designs, create the model building specifications to order BOM (bill of materials) and provide continuous follow up in the execution process of client on-time deliverables.
• Achieved continuous recognition for increasing of 10% in sales performance by exceeding above the corporate quarterly projected plans and objectives for the Kitchen and Bath Departments.
• Oversee day-to-day operations for multiple departments including Lumber, Kitchen and Bath, Plumbing and supervise diverse teams of junior associates.
MACY’S RETAIL INC, Houston, TX 10/2013-01/2015
Logistics/Sales Coordinator Associate
• Compiled metrics to analyze KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and evaluated ongoing reports on the demand and supply trends to identify areas of cost inefficiencies in the retail supply chain of over 2,000+ houseware products.
• Collaborated and brainstormed with designers, vendors and management teams to assist in organizing, implementing and presenting display setups for internal and external client’s marketing exhibits.
• Strengthened multi-cultural business relations by proactively listening to determine client needs in the merchandise selection and providing insightful suggestions in the final decision making process.
TIAA FINANCIAL SERVICES, Charlotte, NC 08/2004-07/2012
Business Communication/Account Management Specialist
• Reduced error rates from 45% to 15% in transactional monthly corrections by creating new training and development programs for end users in understanding the streamline applications/workflow for existing operations.
• Directed various size assignments by applying project management methodologies to analyze quantitative and qualitative data to help identify business opportunities for process and continuous improvement.
• Spoke confidently in public presentations for augmenting the company's strategic business plan to several internal/external departments, business partners and stakeholders.
• Application of process and system knowledge to problem resolution utilizing collaborative project reviews with customer in conjunction with delivery organizations goals.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Home Depot Homer Awards – Excellent Customer Service 05/2017
Home Depot Homer Awards – Excellent Entrepreneur Department Management 04/2017
Home Depot Homer Awards – Excellent Shipping/Delivery Customer Service 02/2017
TIAA – CREF Financial Services – Improve Quality w/ Enrollments Project 11/2011
TIAA – CREF Financial Services – Sourcing Facility Award 06/2011
Department of Air Force – Outstanding Achievement Award South Korea Logistics Project 01/1995
procurement, supply chain, buyer, contract, sourcing, logistics