Regarded for the natural ability to serve others with patience, care, compassion, and effectiveness. Focused with an unyielding commitment to excellence and the ability to work without supervision and as a self starter. Thorough and detail-oriented, with strong analysis and problem solving skills. Seeking a position to utilize my skills and feature my knowledge learned from my education, volunteer experience, and work experience.
B.S. IN COMMUNICATION SCIENCES AND DISORDERS - Minor Psychology
University of Houston, Houston, TX (January 2013 – May 2015)
• Earned 25 clinical observation hours.
o Acquired at: KIPP Academy, The Parish School, The Joy School, and MD Anderson Cancer Center
• Earned 25 clinical experience hours.
o Acquired at: Speech Therapy for Life Clinic
Houston Community College, Houston, TX (January 2011- December 2012)
Honors and Awards:
Martha Anne Wooldridge Scholarship (Fall 2012)
Distinguished NSSLHA Member / Co – Chair of Fundraising (2014-2015)
Speech Language Pathology Assistant License (SLP- Assistant)
Hearing Screenings Certification
Registered Behavior Technician Certification (RBT)
CPR/ First Aid/ AED Certification
Speech Therapy for Life 2015- Present
Speech Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA)
• Participate in monthly parent consults.
• Conducting patient evaluations.
• Implement patient speech goals such as fluency, lisps, oral motor planning, expressive and receptive language, phonics, etc.
• Complete patient progress notes indicating what was done during each session.
• Work in a team environment.
• Work with patients from 2- 28 years of age.
• Effectively communicate on a daily basis with parents/ caregivers on how their child is doing.
• Experience working with children with different intellectual disabilities.
ABA Therapy for Life 2015- Present
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
• Implement patients target goals such a manding, joint attention, tacting, gross and fine motor imitation, peer interaction, etc.
• Present targets using Discrete Trial Training.
• Effectively employ a potty training schedule.
• Obtained Registered Behavior Technician Certification during this time.
• Train new employees.
• Successfully work in a team environment.
• Appropriately handle behavior issues that may arise.
• Communicate with parents/ caregivers.
• Document the child’s daily successes and behaviors.
University of Houston- Engineering College, Houston, TX 2014- 2015
Data Entry Coordinator
• Enter data into the college computer program.
• Answer phones and direct/ transfer calls to the best person to fulfill their needs.
• File paper and computer documents into the proper location.
• Rename files.
• Make sure the work area is clean, organized, and full of document copies needed by students.
• Make copies and shred/ dispose of documents.
• Inform students about the program and provide them with someone to talk to for special cases.
• Train new employees.
The Methodist Hospital - Transportation Dept., Houston, TX 2009- 2015
• Instilled structure and discipline through motivational methods e.g. positive reinforcement by writing down buildings of most importance and making sure the work load was fair.
• Dispatching, answering phones, and directing calls to the proper party.
• Delivering medication to the different units throughout the hospital whether it was manually or by the Pevco tubing system.
• Assisting pharmacist and nurses in finding lost medication.
• Overseeing which building needs more attention and directing a courier towards that building, supervising, etc.
• Most medication tubed within the shortest amount of time.
The Methodist Hospital - Housekeeping Dept., Houston, TX 2008- 2009
• Maintaining a facility that serves 1000+ patients and guest daily.
• Cleaning patient checkouts, cleaning nurse’s stations, cleaning public sitting as well as restroom areas, and cleaning offices.
• Making sure that the areas in which I am working in or come across throughout the day is a better environment for the staff as well as the patients and their guest.
• Strong Excel Skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong Word & PowerPoint skills • Critical thinker / Problem solver
• Great outreach skills • Fast learner & team player
• Excellent customer service skills • Excellent organizational skills
• Good networking skills
• Strong teaching skills • Excellent communication skills
• Ability to use office equipment/technology
Extra Curricular Activities:
National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA) Fundraising Chair- UH, Houston, TX (August 2013- May 2015)
• Volunteer with different City of Houston organizations.
• Plan fundraising events for members as well as officers.
• Participate in member and officer meeting to discuss the organization.
Houston Community College Ambassador-HCC, Houston, TX (August 2012- December 2012)
• Organized and set up dinners with scholarship donors.
• Participated in interviews expressing how much I appreciated the scholarship.
• Autism Speaks Walk, Houston, TX (October 2015)
• Via Colori, Houston, TX (November (2013)
• Walk to Defeat ALS, Houston, TX (October 2013)
• PM Pals, Houston, TX (October 2013)
• Star of Hope, Houston, TX (October 2013)
• Autism Speaks Walk, Houston, TX (September 2013)
• City Wide Club: Thanksgiving Dinner for the less fortunate population (November 2009)
• Salvation Army Helper for Hurricane Katrina Evacuees, Houston, TX (August 2005)
• Clarewood House Nursing Home, Houston, TX (May 2004 - August 2007)
Available upon request
SLP- Assistant, Speech Therapy Assistant