Alternative Teaching Certificate—ACT Houston 7-12 grade Journalism B.A., Communication, University of Houston Clear Lake 2016 Associates of Arts Brazosport College, Clute, TX 2014
90 Semester hours, Communication/Sociology, Texas State University San Marcos, TX 2007-2010 6 Weeks Naval Aviation Training and Operations Standard Procedures school 2005
2 Weeks Leadership continuum course Jacksonville, FL 2004 Diploma, Aviation Acoustic Operator School, Jacksonville, FL 2003 Diploma, Aviation System Warfare School, Pensacola, FL 2003 Diploma, Aircrew School Pensacola, FL 2003
SUMMARY OF QUALIFACATIONS
Creative and motivated Communications Specialist utilizes exceptional design and planning to present companies in the best possible light to customers and the public. Has excellent writing skills and extensive knowledge of brochure and press-release writing. Has a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications. Extensive travels which allow him to understand multiple cultures and societies. Good interpersonal and oral communication skills; lots of sales experience. Electrical knowledge including: pulling circuit breakers, wiring up new equipment and running diagnostic test. Minor intendance ability.
KPFT Pacifica Radio June-2016-Present
Houston, Texas Shows Editor
• Edit audio files making decisions on cuts to prepare them for the podcast and download versions.
• Some production work on show design and layouts
• Duties required for daily operation of the radio show.
• Set up and test equipment before use; wire and set up software and hardware
BISD School District Sept-2014-Present
Brazoria Co., Texas Substitute Teacher
• Implement the lesson plans designed by the teacher and provide supervision for students
• Give out assignments, correct students work, update attendance records and answer questions
• Teach a variety of subjects to different grade levels and learning styles
• Comfortable with maintaining discipline in a classroom atmosphere
Home Depot Nov2012-Sept2013
Lake Jackson, Texas Millworks Sales Specialist
• Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products and services, to take orders or cancel accounts, or to obtain details of complaints.
• Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken; to analyze my customer service and improve performance.
• Resolve customer complaints or other issues by meeting the needs of the customers.
• Solicit sale of new or additional services or products. duties including, but not limited to: customer service, product advertising, building displays, problem solving, demonstrating product usage, mixing paint, stocking, driving power equipment like forklifts etc.
• Extensive tool knowledge to include electrical, circuit breakers, HVAC, plumbing and power tools
Freeport Launch Service March2012-Nov2012
Freeport, Texas Operator
• Delivered parts, personnel, groceries, etc., using our boats to perform other services to the clients’ specifications.
• Operate every aspect of the boat which included maintenance, oil changing, preventive maintenance navigation, operating crane and other power equipment, cooking meals, and servicing the client’s needs
The Scooter Store Aug2010-Nov2011
San Marcos, Texas Mobility Consultant
• Work closely with customers to learn the specifics of their mobility problems and help them find the exact products to best meet their needs
• Was HIPPA compliant in all aspects of the job while working with many different medical conditions and illness
• Could multitask by typing up a full transcript and Medicare application while pulling the needed information from the customer.
• Compassionately listens to costumers’ stories and empathized with them becoming friends rather than just a costumer to me.
Texas Workforce Commission Jan2009-May2010
San Marcos, Texas
Veteran’s Representative Assistant
• Assist the veteran’s representative in duties pertaining to veteran’s unemployment, medical, disability, housing, and various other needs
• Called clients, updated files, and assisted veterans with all other needs
• Many of those tasks consisted of handling clients with disabilities, mental illness, and confidential files NAVY PERSONNEL COMMAND - NPC-312 Oct 2002-Feb2007 Texas
PETTY OFFICER SECOND CLASS
• Operated equipment using radio or sound wave technology to identify, track, and analyze objects or natural phenomena of military interest using airborne, shipboard, and terrestrial positions to track submarines and conduct overland surveillance
• Performed minor maintenance on the equipment I operated and ran on the p3c aircraft to include changing out electronic parts, pulling circuit breakers and diagnostic test on electronic equipment
• Was directly responsible for writing the flight schedule for 400 personnel, creatively placing, planning, and carrying out the training regimen for 28 Acoustic Aviation System Warfare Operators, where I improved shop performance by 3 months, 30%, to further their job knowledge and personal growth
• Oversaw the Tactics department which had a planning in all missions and personnel decisions on the missions; created new tactic training regiments.
• NATOPS (Naval Aviation Training Operations Procedure Safety manual) instructor. Wrote and administered the quarterly test to over 40 personnel and gave safety check rides to qualify them to fly.
Communication, Public Relations, Digital Media, Social Media, Writer, Editor, Journalism, Publishing