Passionate about helping build, create, and define lifestyle companies through creative storytelling and strategic direction. Always looking to immerse myself in creating unique and authentic experiences to drive the brand’s identity.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Deltek Vision (CMR), Social Media marketing, and Google Analytics.
Virgin Hotels New York, NY Development Specialist Aug 2013 – Jan 2018
• Monitored and investigated client/industry trends; identify potential research for hotel development projects.
• Lead pursuit efforts (respond to proposals for development hotel projects).
• Participated in regular firmwide hospitality calls; report on key communication/knowledge developments.
• Provided agency feedback on Creative Briefs, timelines, concepts and any relevant creative materials.
• Collaborated with leadership team for the total creative and developmental programming for hotels, f&b, and brand design. Worked with team to brainstorm/develop/execute new programs, partnerships, and “big ideas.” Provided input in creating, developing, and researching innovative environments for new hospitality concepts. Contributed to assisting with project management between vendors, consultants, and Virgin team. Assisted in training during on-boarding of new hires for VH Spa brand immersion.
Concept Presentations: Researched trends, wrote and gave input on storytelling/design collateral for Virgin Hotels. Created a new concept deck for: F&B, Virgin Hotel Spa, and residential component to distribute to investor and owner use.
Event Planning: organized and attended all Virgin Hotels’ sponsored events/opening parties: social media campaigns, site and vendor/sponsor selection, manages Run of Show and budgets and deadlines.
• Liaison with brand agency for events, property openings, arranging deskside and press announcements.
• Managed brand and marketing materials/presentation efforts.
The Gettys Group Chicago, IL
Business Development/Marketing Associate Dec 2009 – July 2012
• Business development and client services supported Gettys’ strategic revenue and growth initiatives. Liaise with leadership,
senior management with a proven ability to work with cross-functional teams daily.
•Managed, maintained, and communicated a pipeline of opportunities using customer relationship management (CRM).
• Supported senior executives with market competitive analysis and developed cohesive weekly reports for our weekly growth conference
•Researched new leads and stayed abreast of industry activity through trade publications, attendance and coordination at annual industry conferences, trade shows, and independent research through tool such as STR and other hospitality publications.
• Generated timely and professional client correspondence/new business proposals and conduct appropriate follow up.
• Marketing and corporate communications initiatives, included marketing, collateral, brand development, public relations/composed press releases, proposal development.
•Supervised three-full time business development interns in Chicago and Miami offices.
Business Development Intern
• Assisted with lead development and CRM database maintenance for over 1000 clients. • Researched future business endeavors, competing firms, and industry trends.
• Identified venues to host events to promote our brand in the hospitality industry.
Oct 2009 – Dec 2009
Development Services: worked on a confidential luxury hospitality consulting assignment for a high-net worth individual which included market research & hotel acquisitionanalysis.
Business Development: my efforts resulting in managing and maintaining a $25 million pipeline in 2012 accounting for 10% of annual revenues. This business was both highly profitable with 50% margin. Approximately, 60% of my business development efforts came from new clients.
Brand Repositioning: acted as a creative liaison collaborated with an international branding strategic firm in Bangkok to redefine our brand culture.
Roanoke College Salem, VA Bachelor of Arts, Sociology Jan 2006-May 2009
Marketing, hospitality, real estate development