Business Analyst Intern
Hemant D Patil
The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX May 2018
Master of Science, Business Analytics GPA 3.25
Coursework: Database Foundations, Business Analytics with R, Prescriptive Analytics, Quant intro risk & uncertainty, Business Data Warehousing, Marketing Predictive Analytics Using SAS, Applied Econometrics
University of Mumbai, India July 2015
Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Engineering GPA 3.5
Coursework: Analysis of Algorithms & Design, Data Structure & Graph Theory, Advance Database Management System, Web Engineering, Data Warehousing & Mining
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. October 2015 – July 2016
Assistant System Engineer
• Operated as a consultant providing insights over transactional data, improving accuracy and profit by 75%
• Authored production, stand-by, DR & UAT server teams, helping reduce resource dependency by 50%
• Monitored and implemented software developed by TCS for several clients
Nash Robotics & Automation Private Limited June 2014 – July 2014
• Executed spot welding operations using robotic arm with hands on experience on the same
Analysis Tools : SAS(Base), Data stage, Informatica, MS Excel, Rattle, Rstudio, Base R, Stata
Reporting Tools : IBM Cognos, Tableau
Tools : ERwin, Maya and Adobe Photoshop
Databases : Oracle, SQL server, MS Access.
Prediction of possible blood donors – Graduate level September 2016 – December 2016
• Identified possible blood donors by designing decision trees and applying logistic regression using R Studio
Increasing profit earned by freight trains (The Indian Railway) – Business Level October 2015 – December 2015
• Implemented profit structure using data stage and published reports using Cognos.
Video Based Face Extraction and Detection – Undergraduate level July 2014 – June 2015
• Streamlined face extraction and detection using MATLAB. Ran Viola-Jones and PCA algorithms to detect, identify and elim1inate similar faces
Electronic Product Reviews and Comparison Website – Undergraduate level January 2014 – April 2014
• Developed a scalable website providing specifications for mobiles, laptops and tablets
• Generates an option to compare two or more electronic devices which facilitates better decision making
Travel Ticketing Platform – Undergraduate level June 2014 – July 2014
• Devised a travel ticketing platform allowing users to book tickets.
• Engineered features for class specific fares, availability, route information and travel time.
International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology
Video Based Face Extraction and Recognition April 30, 2016