Writer For Hire
JESSE C COHOON
Bella Construction & Remodeling LLC Executive Assistant, Dir. of Marketing, & Technical Writer
------------ July 2014 – Present
• Job Duties: Made & answered phone calls, photocopied, faxed, & wrote correspondence emails, contracts, designed marketing materials, posted & replied to ads, screened candidates, sent out workers, created & maintained the CEO’s calendar, creating & updating the website, redacting sensitive & confidential information, as well as did other minor duties such as light cleaning, coffee-making, etc.
• Updated material on our website and other digital platforms, increasing lead generation by 15%;
• Researched marketing, sales, strategy, and leveraged market data, using data to increase our transactions size by 10%
• Increased office efficiency by 25% by streamlining various office duties
For Sale Local Marketing Research/ Copywriter
(company closed as of 7/2015) June 2011 – July 2014
• Job Duties: Researched calendar of events for the Will & Grundy County area, visited home remodeling, senior, & children expos, as well as special chamber of commerce events. Researched upcoming movie, useless jokes, researched & wrote all articles in the paper, publishing them under different names.
• Saved company over $48,000 in writing costs yearly by writing articles for the publication.
• Increased sales a minimum of $7,500 monthly through the development of new sections.
• Wrote short, targeted informative articles on a variety of topics
Franceschi Development & Investment Administrative Assistant, PR, & Marketing
(company closed as of 6/2011) August 2002 – June 2011
• Job Duties: Greeted clients, customers, & vendors, did intake on clients, made & answered phone calls, photocopied, faxed, & wrote correspondence emails, press releases, designed marketing & PR materials & websites, acted as the company’s liaison high level board & management meetings to the AIDS Foundation of Chicago & the governor’s appointed CSAC Board, amongst others, as well as such duties as mailroom, light cleaning & other misc. duties.
• Cut marketing budget by $2.5 mil while still meeting & exceeding company goals over a decade
• Offered dedicated service to clients/vendors, and continually identified new opportunities.
• Conducted extensive internet research on competitors reporting findings. Developed, formatted & maintained databases for marketing use.
Self-Employment & Editing Activities January 2002 – Present
• Wrote articles, brochures, & school papers for various audiences & industries, including: Messiah Lutheran Church (volunteer work), the real estate industry, Johnn Four’s Roleplaying Tips Magazine, Internationally Renown “Father’s Rights Lawyer” J.M. Leving, ------------, among others. Also did freelance editing to aspiring author, giving advice on style, tone, descriptions, etc.
B.S Major: Professional & Technical Communications, Minor: Psychology Illinois Institute of Technology GPA 3.5/4.0
Writing, Editing, Graphics