Kiran Mehendale's Resume
Accomplished, results-driven and multi-faceted professional with extensive experience driving profitable growth, operational efficiency and business development seeks a challenging new position within a progressive organization that fosters optimal leadership skills and offers opportunities for professional growth.
• Creative marketing and business professional with proven experience in full-life cycle image-building, branding, business planning, promotion, advertising and marketing in national/international markets.
• Google AdWords certified, experience in creating professional and personal content on various social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat and Vine.
• Innovative strategist and forward-thinking individual with the ability to transform big-picture vision into detailed action plans that increase client engagement, mitigate costs and drive achievement of objectives.
• Proven abilities in the design, development and launch of marketing, advertising and sales programs, strategies and initiatives that successfully expand brands.
• An articulate motivator; serves as a leader to inspire employees to exceed customer/company expectations and generate both business growth and positive results through leading by example.
PLASTICARD LOCKTECH INTERNATIONAL Romeoville, Illinois 6/2016 to Present
• Collaborate with Director of Innovation to concept and create tailored integrated marketing programs for plastics, cards, printed material and direct mail.
• Implement strategies to meet and exceed company goals and objectives.
• Provide creative marketing solutions for diverse clients’ needs.
• Develop card prototypes from conception to completion.
• Write copy for company website, including blog posts and press releases.
• Write copy for specific product sell sheets.
PLAINFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT 202 Plainfield, Illinois 9/2011 to 5/2016
• Delivered instructional activities that facilitated active learning experiences throughout all four district high schools in absence of permanent teachers.
• Closely followed lesson plans while strategically aligning curriculum deployment with Illinois Learning Standards.
• Evaluated student performance and provided curriculum tutoring and guidance.
• Developed individualized corrective action plans and selected different instructional resources to meet the cognitive abilities/needs of demographic, including at-risk and special needs students.
• Established cohesive professional relationships with faculty and school administration as well as guardians.
• Collaborated routinely with the interdisciplinary staff and administration to implement varied instructional curricula in accordance with specified goals and Illinois state standards.
• Maintained appropriate disciplinary levels within classrooms, building cooperative structures within an environment optimally conducive to learning.
BREMEN HIGH SCHOOL Midlothian, Illinois 6/2010 to 5/2011
• Provided direct educational, personal and career counseling for a case load of 20 to 25 diverse students of varying cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds in grades nine through 12.
• Facilitated core counseling groups to aid select freshman students in high school
transition and personal/social issues and remaining tenth through twelfth-grade students in course selection and setting goals to decipher academic needs and career aspirations.
• Delivered motivational development guidance lessons with a focus on educational paths, high school transition, career development, college application process and registration.
• Provided students with the tools and knowledge to gain acceptance into higher-education institutions.
• Observed IEP/504 meetings and advisory sessions with Supervisor; served as Interim Supervisor during discussions in the event of Supervisor absence.
• Assisted Supervisor, guardians and students during parent teacher conferences.
Served as student advocate/leader during college visit at South Suburban College for sophomore honor students interested in obtaining college credit during their junior and senior years.
• Volunteered at major South Suburban College higher education/career fair.
• Organized and implemented a Transfer Orientation Program for the tenth through twelfth grade transfer students.
• Served as Volunteer during eighth grade Parents Night.
SUN PUBLICATIONS Naperville, Illinois 8/2006 to 6/2010
• Compiled weekly police incident reports from Downers Grove Police Department, published weekly.
• Covered meetings of Downers Grove Village Council, published articles bi-monthly.
• Covered major events and wrote feature stories in Downers Grove, Naperville and Wheaton.
LEWIS UNIVERSITY Romeoville, Illinois
Masters of Arts, School Counseling and Guidance Conferred, 8/2011
Des Moines, Iowa
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism and Mass Communication Conferred, 8/2006
Advanced News Writing & Reporting
Reporting for the World Wide Web
social media, marketing, writing, editing