Cherokee Tribune Canton, GA
News Intern June 2018-Present
• Demonstrate strong news judgment and clear ability to quickly develop reader-focused story ideas.
• Show the ability to interviewing people in a range of different circumstances, write with authority and produce copy that does not require a substantial rewrite.
• Uses time effectively, meeting deadlines and producing an acceptable volume of work.
!alpha DUI Defensive Driving Duluth, GA
Administrative Assistant Apr 2014-Present
• Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
• Communicate with customers, employees, and instructors to answer questions disseminate or explain information, take orders and address problems.
• Enroll students and prepare reports, documents, and contracts.
Georgia Public Broadcasting Atlanta, GA
News Intern Jun 2017-Dec 2017
• Conduct interviews, attend events and produce original spots and sound-rich features for broadcast.
• Use audio and video recording equipment and editing software to create original content for GPB.
• Write scripts for radio broadcast on a daily deadline.
The Sentinel Kennesaw, GA
Staff Writer Jan 2017-Jul 2017
• Report news stories for publication, describing the background and details of events.
• Arrange interviews with people who can provide information about a story.
• Review copy and correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following AP style and formatting guidelines.
ALFA Hispanic Center Doraville, GA
Interpreter Apr 2014-Sep 2016
• Orally translate messages simultaneously or consecutive between two parties into specified language, maintaining message content, context, and style as much as possible.
• Read written materials, such as letters, legal documents or news reports, and rewrite material into specified languages.
• Proofread, edit, and revise translated material.
Tovar-Hastings Law, LLC Doraville, GA
Paralegal Jan 2016 -Sep 2016
• Prepared legal documents, including briefs, U-Visas, DACAs, i94s, and settlement agreements as well as affidavits and other documents such as letters to courts, clerks and solicitors.
• Met with and interviewed potential clients and other professionals to discuss details of a case.
• Transcribed and translated testimony from clients.
• Organized and maintained documents in a paper filing system.
bilingual, spanish, reporter,