Mental Health Professional
Liberty University –Lynchburg, VA
Master of Arts – Clinical Mental Health Counseling May 2016
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University- Greensboro, NC
Bachelor of Arts – Sociology with Psychology Concentration December 2011
• 5,000+ Clinical Hours
• Trained in crisis management, group counseling, diagnosis and treatment planning
• Proficiency in research, analysis, critical thinking, and problem solving
• Extensive Clinical Researcher
• Workshop Presenter
• American Counseling Association Member
• Horizon Behavioral Health Self-awareness and Ethic training
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership abilities
• CPR/First Aid Certified
• Intermediate expertise in the use of MS office suite
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Outstanding oral and written communicator
Researcher and Presenter at Virginia Tech Pedagogy Conference: February 2016
Researcher and Presenter at Georgia Southern Cross-Cultural Conference: February 2016
American Association Christian Counselor Student Chapter Leadership January 2013- May 2014
Anderson Counseling Group, Lynchburg, VA
Day Treatment Counselor January 2015 – December 2015
• Provided therapeutic interventions for clients with conflict resolution, anger management, emotional regulation, life and social skills.
• Responsible for the implementation, supervision, documentation, and upkeep of the agency’s policies and procedures in all areas relating to counseling and treatment
• Developed, coordinated, monitored, evaluated and documented individual program planning according to the specific needs of each client.
• Communicates all relevant information to supervisory staff regarding participants, facility and agency concerns.
Strategic Therapy Associates Inc., Lynchburg, VA
Day Treatment Counselor March 2014 – August 2014
• Assisted behavioral challenged preschool children by teaching and developing and developing appropriate social, decision making and anger management skills.
• Maintained a therapeutic relationship with patients at all times and ensures confidentiality and adherence to professional boundaries
• Used professional training and expertise in psychology as a framework for leading or co-leading therapeutic groups.
• Assessed patient therapy on an on-going basis to determine the patient's response to the treatment plan and to identify issues and appropriate modifications.
All Care Family Services, Danville, VA
Counselor July 2013 – February 2014
• Provided in home family counseling services to assist in developing a positive course of action
• Assisted children and family with behavioral and mental health challenges with substance abuse, behavior problems or trauma
• Utilized family and trauma focused therapy/techniques.
Upside to Youth Development, Danville, VA
Intensive in Home Counselor June 2013 – August 2013
• Provided in person services according to client’s treatment plan.
• Assisted client to reduce depressive symptoms, interact appropriately in the community, control anger and taught personal hygiene cleanliness on a daily basis.
• Utilized motivational interviewing and completed clear, organized, timely progress notes.
Upward Bound Program, Greensboro, NC
Tutor-Counselor June 2011 – July 2011
• Mentored and monitored high school students regarding matters of conduct and educational progress.
• Assisted adolescents with developing appropriate decision making skills, maintaining positive relationships, and developing a positive outlook on education and life.
• Coordinated extracurricular events such as talent show, fashion show, pageant and international celebration.
Horizon Behavioral Health, Lynchburg VA
PROJECT COMBINE Mentor May 2013- August 2014
YWCA SARP (Sexual Assault Response Program), Lynchburg VA
Sexual Assault Volunteer May 2015- December 2015
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
mental health, professional, community, marriage and family, young adults, life skills, workshops