The Educator's Room is looking for 4 interns interested in education writing and social media. This is an UNPAID internship but you will get so much experience and so many clips/bylines in your portfolio that we’ll be setting you up for an amazing future career in PR and journalism. (In fact, we placed our last two interns in full-time positions with two by-lines from a major newspaper.)
Don’t apply if you want a boring job that will just let you pass time. This is a fast-paced, casual work environment, and we want someone who will thrive in our creative and fun atmosphere. Our team is passionate about education and Atlanta and we want you to be, too. 85% of work will be done remotely but you will be expected to join on some of our work in and around Atlanta and learn about what we do.
- Writing the monthly newsletter to reach out to our hundreds and thousands of readers
- Working to develop a narrative-style Facebook and campaign --- this will include research and interviews with the "movers and shakers" in education (think about sites like Humans of New York and Mighty Girl )
- Working on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest campaigns for The Educator's Room
Hours: Approximately 8 to 10 hours per week, excluding comped tours (which are, frankly, a blast!). Work will be 85% remote but we do want you to be in Atlanta so that you can get to know the city and learn more about what we do. We will be happy to work with your university to get you college credit.
- Excellent written communication skills (we're not kidding about this; this is a 100% writing job so if you don't write well and love writing, don't apply)
- Proficiency in major social media networks (specifically Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- A voracious appetite for education in Atlanta
- A fun and energetic personality
We generally prefer Master's level students or students in their junior/senior year of college so that we can help guide you and place you in a job after the internship is done.
To apply, contact xxx-xxx-xxxx with:
1. Your resume
2. A writing sample,
3. A 250-word explanation of why you would make an awesome The Educator's Room intern, and
4. A 250 word (or less) story on the educator who changed your life
Applications are due by December 1, 2017, and the internships will begin in the beginning of January and last until the end of the school year.