Recent college graduate in Fashion Merchandising and Marketing!
Kymberly Alyssa Girard
To work for an innovative fashion merchandising or marketing company that helps transform new college hires into well-rounded industry professionals. The areas of fashion that are most appealing are: styling and merchandising, buying, and events.
Radford University, Radford, VA
Bachelors of Science: Fashion Merchandising; Minor: Marketing
September 2009-July 2012 (participated in Radford’s spring commencement)
West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
Major: Fashion Merchandising; Minor: Marketing
September 2008-May 2009
My senior capstone classes were: Visual Merchandising and Fashion Forecasting. I have also completed: Merchandising Math, Textiles Science, Consumer Behavior, Buying and Procurement for Design, and Economics of Design.
Buckle, Merchandising and Sales Intern
Valley View Mall, Roanoke, VA; Summer 2011
• Developed a fashion-forecasting portfolio for the following seasons’ fashion trends and presented my research to the leadership and associate teams.
• Worked closely with customers to help style, finalize, and up sell their selections.
• Created appealing displays for customers using visual merchandising knowledge.
• I learned how to apply my course-related knowledge practically within a leading fashion brand
Party Co., Sales Consultant
Manassas, VA, January 2006 – June 2007
• Managed customer point of purchase and customer service stations.
• Generated floor plans and display settings to optimize the customer experience.
• I learned how to work well in a retail environment with a large team.
• Member of Delta Zeta National Sorority- Ritual Guard
• Member of Rho Delta for Radford Greek Life- Fall/Spring 2010-11 Recruitment