Graphic Design Internship
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP
Bethesda Magazine is seeking a bright and enthusiastic intern who is interested in gaining experience in magazine design. This is a great way to strengthen your resume and portfolio, obtain recommendations, earn credits, and have fun while learning in a hands-on environment.
This student will have an opportunity to:
Be exposed to the day-to-day workings of a fast-paced magazine print design department.
Learn and support a three person art department with hands-on tasks and responsibilities plus daily involvement in researching emerging new trends and ideas, as well as participate in brainstorming sessions to create new ideas. Digital Edition development is in progress. Get in on the ground floor to learn how to deliver content for the tablet.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Photo research and contacting vendors for images
• Work with type and photos in real layouts using Adobe InDesign and Creative Suite
• Prepress and magazine production assistance
• Photo shoots/scheduling/propping assistance
• Administrative tasks supporting the department
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Full-time student at a college or university
• Must be able to receive academic credit for internship
• Superior design, artistic and creative skills
• Attention to detail
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 including InDesign and Photoshop
• Punctuality and commitment to the opportunity
• Strong communicator
• Professional and mature in demeanor and appearance