*We are an equal opportunity employer*
The Homestead Group (THG) has provided Adult Services, Residential Services, Independent Living, and Child and Family Service programs to individuals with developmental disabilities for more than 50 years. The Homestead Group supports approximately 1,000 individuals throughout Rhode Island.
We are currently seeking applicants to fill positions in all of Rhode Island with immediate openings in WARREN, SCITUATE, WARWICK, NEWPORT, and other towns in Southern RI.
We are seeking applicants to work with children with special needs.
Provides direct behavioral therapy to individuals ages 3 to 21, role modeling/training to parents/families, and support to child and family by promoting individualized service which meets all identified needs of the child and family. The applicant provides assistance to the child with self-help & self-care as well as teaching of social & safety skills when applicable. Ongoing communication and data reporting to coordinators regarding the approved program is required.
• Implements home based therapeutic goals developed by the clinicians and approved by the State of Rhode Island in conjunction with the family.
• Provides socialization opportunities within home and/or outside of home when appropriate.
• Performs all necessary self-care tasks as needed by the individual supported.
• Carries out specific tasks outlined in the approved HBTS plan.
• Documents progress on required data sheets and progress notes which are made available to family and clinical consultant
• Contributes to the positive morale by representing the agency through professional communication and interactions.
• Implements and fosters the principles of self advocacy which promote an independent lifestyle and respect for program participants.
• Assists people with learning about and advocating for their personal rights and understanding the responsibilities that accompany those rights.
• Drives people to destinations, as approved by the parent/caretaker necessary for them to experience a full and diversified life, following all safety and legal regulations.
• May also participate in a program participant’s chosen activity.
• May ensure all quality standards are met in compliance with required regulatory authority.
• Reports incidents as required by regulations.
Essential Skills and experience:
• Must be at least 19 years of age.
• High school diploma or equivalent and minimum two years experience working successfully with children/adults in a special healthcare setting, or education setting or recreation setting.
• An associates or bachelors degree in an appropriate field of study area may be considered equivalent.
• Drivers must have current vehicle registration and valid State inspection, no prior accidents within one year and no history of driving under the influence.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
A bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, human services, special education or equivalent as well as significant experience with an individual child’s diagnoses.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE PRINT AN APPLICATION HERE:
*note: you need to cut and paste the entire address including .pdf to your web browser, clicking on the link will not work*
You can mail your application and resume to:
The Homestead Group
attention Amanda Ricard
68 Cumberland Street
Woonsocket, RI 02895
or you can fax it to 401-597-6707