Human Resources Intern
||Saint Cloud, MN, United States
||30+ days ago
Human Resources Internship
Company Name: Aria
Internship Available: Summer/Fall Internship
Distance from St. Cloud: 0 - 10 Miles from St. Cloud State University
Aria’s headquarters has been in St. Cloud since its founding in 1985 by two graduates of St. Cloud State University. Today, we employ as many as 500 Associates at any one time. Our Associates have the opportunity to make a difference for many worthy organizations and improve the bottom line for businesses nationwide through direct marketing.
Supports activities relating to employee recruitment, selection, retention, training, and administration. Flexible hours with day and evening hour availability. Part time to Full time hours available.
• Recruits and screens employees to fill vacant positions
• Attends recruiting events including job fairs and kiosks
• Post recruiting signs and flyers in the area
• Calls applications and conducts initial phone interviews
• Supports and role models standards of conduct, respect for diversity among co-workers and visitors
• Prepares recruiting materials
• General filing and HR compliance
• Human Resources administrative duties
• Maintain confidentiality with sensitive or confidential information
• Assists administratively with the interview and hiring process
• Assists with front desk back up
• Follows company guidelines described in Aria Associate Handbook
• Makes photocopies using photocopy machine
• Transmits faxes using fax machine
• Performs other duties as assigned
Education/Experience: One to two years related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Currently enrolled after 1-2 years in a management focused program with a Human Resources focus.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management, employees, applicants, and public groups.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to draw and interpret graphs and charts.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Apply to: Lisa McLouden
Address: 717 West Saint Germain Street, Saint Cloud, MN 56301