FALL 2013/SPRING 2014 NATIONAL SOCIETY OF LEADERSHIP AND SUCCESS PAID INTERNSHIP
NATIONAL SOCIETY OF LEADERSHIP AND SUCCESS
Jackson, MS, United States
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A PAID INTERNSHIP THAT WILL DISTINGUISH YOU FROM OTHER LEADERS ON YOUR CAMPUS?
The National Society of Leadership and Success, one of the largest leadership honor societies in America, is looking for the best and the brightest student leaders to apply for a paid two semester internship beginning Fall 2013. If selected as an intern, your responsibility will be to start a chapter of the Society on your campus and serve as the President of a leadership honor society (also known as Sigma Alpha Pi).
● Speakers: A speaker series of the highest caliber via live interactive web broadcast (or streaming video online available after the event) - 6 per year. Past presenters have included: Stephen Covey, Lou Holtz, Goldie Hawn, Jack Canfield, and other celebrity speakers from hit TV shows such as Survivor and America's Next Top Model.
● Leadership Training Day: A two hour and thirty minute interactive and introspective video-based leadership training with workbooks designed to help students identify their fears/limitations and clarify their purpose/goals.
● Success Networking Teams (SNTs): Students meet in teams to help set and hold one another accountable to goals using a highly specialized formula proven to produce results. By surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals, you will be exposed to peer mentoring which will lead to positive change in your life.
● Induction: Students, parents, faculty, and administration come together to celebrate accomplishments and receive awards and scholarships given by The National Society of Leadership and Success.
The Society also encourages and organizes students into action to better the world. By surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals, you will be exposed to peer mentoring which will lead to positive change in your life.
If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of, please visit our website at to submit your resume and application.
The paid Society Internship is a unique experience offering you a chance to develop skills in:
● Management - direct a 12-person executive board
● Budgeting - develop and implement a budget for speakers, community service and social events
● Fundraising - get your community involved supporting the leaders of tomorrow
● Communication - implement cutting edge technology during interactive broadcast events
● Public Speaking - represent The National Society of Leadership and Success on your campus
● Marketing - create local marketing campaigns to enhance your chapter's image and involvement
● Public Relations - develop relationships with administrators and groups on campus
What are some of the benefits of being a Society intern?
● All expense paid 2 day leadership training retreat
● Paid $1500 Stipend
● On campus internship with flexible hours around class schedule
● Develop the essential leadership skills employers and graduate schools are looking for
● Capability to empower others to see your vision and leave a legacy on your campus
● Other great benefits - scholarships and awards, online job bank, access to Success Coaches, customized personalized letter of recommendation, access to several years of past Speaker Broadcasts, Interview Series (audio interviews with experts on various topics), use of a resource collection of leadership books and CD's, Motivational Mondays (weekly e-mails with five-minutes of motivational audio recordings), and participation in Success Networking Teams.
What does an intern do?
This is a chance to develop your own chapter of the Society, leaving a legacy on your campus. Some of the steps you'll accomplish along the way:
● Find an advisor
● Recruit an executive board
● Attend an all-expense-paid intern training retreat
● Register as a Student Organization
● Help the National Office send invitations to students at your school
● Schedule speaker events
● Lead Success Networking Teams (a peer-to-peer accountability group)
● Organize fundraisers to pay the national dues
● Host social events to create a strong community of leaders
● Participate in weekly coaching sessions with an Intern Coordinator
To apply for the National Society of Leadership and Success Internship Program please apply at:
Apply now as only one intern is hired per campus and qualified candidates are accepted immediately upon successful completion of the hiring process.
(Only one intern is hired per campus, so please review the list of current schools on our website at /chapters to see if your school already has a chapter before applying.)