2700 Waterview Pkwy, Apt # 4418, Richardson, TX 75080
Seeking a co-op/internship to hone my skill sets as a software developer and serve as an asset to the organization that I serve.
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT DALLAS
Master of Science in Computer Science
Studies in Information Security, Software Engineering, Algorithms, Database, Artificial Intelligence, Telecommunications Network Management, Statistical Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Unix and Data Security & Applications.
MUMBAI UNIVERSITY, Mumbai, India. JUNE 2008
Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology
Certified Java Programmer – NIIT in affiliation with SUN Microsystems
Databases: Microsoft SQL SERVER 2005, MySQL, Cache, MS Access
Platforms: Windows 9x/NT/XP/Vista, Unix, Linux.
Content Management Systems: Escenic, Drupal, Joomla, Django, WordPress.
Application/Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat Server.
Others: Microsoft Office, Autocad, Microsoft Dreamweaver, Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop
Interned at the St. Petersburg Times, Fl, USA
June 2009 – August 2009
· Handled a single project that involved writing UNIX shell script to extract iptc information out of the images so as to enable safe download on the client computer.
· Created two websites using the Drupal Content Management System. The project involved both coding the business logic in php and theming using CSS Style Sheets. The project incorporated the use of all Drupal constituents’ viz. blocks, modules, menus, hooks, blogs, forums etc. and in addition incorporated JQuery scripting for basic animation. One of the sites is live at http://www.tb-two.com.
· Coded a command line application in JAVA that used JSTL tag libraries. The application functionality was to maintain consistency between the deleted data in the cache databases and the mySQL databases.
· Designed and developed a mobile version of the media articles for smart phones.
Interned at Future –I, July 2007 – April 2008
· Lead developer for a full-fledged commercial job portal. Incorporates dynamic typing, smart transaction processing and fast information retrieval systems for enhanced user experience. Developed optimization plans for the database, search and monetization systems. Consulted with the client to develop business strategy. The website is live at http://www.achconsultants.com/
ACADEMIC RESEARCH PROJECTS
Document Categorization Based on Word Semantics
Implemented an automatic document categorization system by measuring similarities between the weighted semantic hierarchies of the keywords; with WordNet as an ontological reference. The system is implemented in Python along with PERL shell scripts.
Automated Question Answering Systems
Developed an automated question answering systems using the bag of words model. Involves language representation in logical forms and mapping between relevant keywords.
Departmental Store Database Design
Steered the design of a departmental store database right from the conceptual design to implementation. The tasks involved implementing the database, developing a GUI, and full-fledged documentation. Implementation was in Visual Basic and SQL Server 2005.
Lab Management Software
The software maintained an information database linking all laboratories in my school. The software allows users to check lab availability, book and cancel a lab reservation among many other functionalities. Implemented in C .
NxN Su-Doku Solver
Developed a solver for a general NxN Su-Doku puzzle, implementing various AI search methods. Also implemented my own heuristics to optimize the number of step required to arrive at the solution.
Theorem Prover For a Clause Logic
Used the resolution prover to verify safety requirements of a power plant. The safety requirements were declared as implicative clauses, which had to be converted to the standard disjunctive form.
· Awarded the Intern Graduate Scholarship from the St. Petersburg Times, 2009.
· Volunteered with the American Salvation Army, St. Petersburg, Fl. July 1, 2009 – Aug 18th, 2009
· Vice president of a youth association called Angels Club that reached out to the weaker sections of the society and collaborated with various NGOs some of which being CRY, Agni, Cancer Patients Aids Association etc. This club was established in JUNE 2007, and was created along with a co-student as part of group initiative.
· Sunday school teacher at the parish church OUR LADY OF LOURDES, Malad, India; for 2 years 2006 – 2007.