Public Relations Internship
||Fresno, CA, United States
||30+ days ago
Carter and Co. Communications is committed to giving young people interested in working in the Public Affairs/Public Relations field an opportunity for some real-life work experience. An internship at Carter and Co. Communications is a hands-on skill that will allow students to get credit and learn by doing.
The program is designed specifically for students and recent graduates who have an interest in public relations, strategic marketing and communications.
Day-to-day activities include:
-Draft basic public relations materials including news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports.
- Carry out special and media event planning activities and arrangements.
- Attend and participate in client and staff meetings as directed.
- Develop and update media lists and other databases.
- Monitor, track media and handle media updates.
- Participate in brainstorming and strategy sessions.
-Assist in research for presentations and new business opportunities.
Interns will learn about branding, crisis communications, E-marketing, media relations and publicity, opinion research and surveys and social media. College students and graduates with strong writing, communication and multi-tasking skills are encouraged to apply. Please include cover letter, resume, and writing sample.
-Proficiency in internet research and new media.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Power Point.
-Strong written and verbal communication skills.
-Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.