PR, SEO, Film Guy
||Monument, CO, United States
||University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
||Communication, with Pre-Law Minor
To whom it may concern:
As a current University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (UCCS) student, with a major in communications, I'm excited to apply for an internship position. My knowledge, skills, and experience are a great match for this position.
I would argue that I am an ideal fit for this opportunity, due to the fact that I am very proficient with regard to written, as well as oral, communication. As a communications major, with a minor in Pre-Law, at UCCS, I have been required to elaborate on the ideas and philosophies of Plato, Socrates, Dahl and Rousseau, among others. That being said, I would argue that, UCCS has required that I utilize a very high level of cognition with regard to communication and political theory. Furthermore, as a former member of the information technology (I.T.) workforce, with over 10 years experience, I am able to apply much of what I have learned about communications to past experience. I am knowledgeable about social media, SEO as well as web development in general. I spent several years as a developer creating server side functionality for classic ASP as well as pages.
I would also like to add that I have numerous skills that would be of benefit to this position.
• I have expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
• I am very knowledgeable with regard to Microsoft Office
• I am very knowledgeable about lighting for the purpose of filming interviews
• I am an expert at research with regard to web and academic journals. I have written excellent papers about Semiotics, Law Enforcement and it's use of the Informant, etc. I can write in APA as well as MLA formats.
• I have experience with editing, producing and directing broadcast media
• My major is communications, with an emphasis on film and video
I am excited about the possibility of speaking with you further with regard to this opportunity. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Norbert R. Grover
Norbert Grover Monument, CO 80132
• Over 10 years of experience in Information Technology specializing in web and windows Applications, as well complex n tier Server-side in both Windows and UNIX environments.
• Significant expertise as a Web Developer Consultant with over six years in related technologies.
• Dedicated self-starter, and team-oriented professional.
• Experienced as a web and print designer
• OOD/OOP using Design Patterns
• Flex 3 OOP MVC based programming
• AJAX Control Toolkit
• Image Creation and Manipulation using Photoshop and Illustrator
• Customer Facing and Incorporation of Customer feedback in Design
Communications Classroom Experience
I have extensive education in the areas of communications with regard to broadcast television and radio. I also have experience in the areas of web development, web design, as well as SEO and internet marketing. The experience results from a web project I referred to as , where I marketed my martial arts expertise to people who were interested in taking private lessons. I can use this knowledge, as well as an extensive 10 year career as a web developer to be an asset as a content developer.
Software Development Experience
Grover Technologies (Monument, CO) 3/08 - Present
Developed and tested applications. Key technologies used were: , C#, SQL, .NET, ASP, HTML, Photoshop, Illustrator.
• Responsible for the architecture, database development as well as web design.
• Used Photoshop for the digital imaging.
• Worked closely with the client for input regarding functionality.
Web Programmer / Corossol Software (DTC, CO) 11/07- 3/08
Coded and tested Microsoft based applications to support the business needs of the Corossol Core Product. Key technologies used were: C#, SQL, .NET, ASP, HTML, XML, AJAX, Team Foundation Server. Worked in Agile Team Environment.
• Worked with the senior architect in order to develop the registration key and serial number for the web based software
• Contributed to extensive error handling for software.
• Worked closely with Product Management and QA to ensure that the application worked as specified in requirements documentation.
Web Programmer / United States Olympic Committee (Colorado Springs, CO) 04/07–10/07
Coded and tested Microsoft based applications to support the business needs of USOC. Key technologies used were: C#, SOA, Web Services, SQL, .NET, ASP, HTML, XML, UML.
• Worked with the solution architect, business analysts and data architect to ensure that the application solutions effectively support the business.
• Designed, constructed and tested solutions using the business requirements.
• Maintained technical skill set by researching and implementing new approaches to web services, middleware and applications.
Web Programmer / BlueModus. (Denver, CO) 09/06 – 01/07
Responsible for creating websites for Barcardi and Internel Bluemodus website using 1.1, 2.0, and C#
• Responsible for all aspects of a 3 Tiered architecture
• Produced server side functionality for major clients
• Created of objects and stored procedures
• Created of classes and methods that are specific to both VS 2003 and VS 2005
• Use of alternative data structures as well as standard normalization
• Responsible for
• Responsible for branching and labeling of components.
• Responsible for overseeing building and performing code pushes to Dev, Test and Production
• Responsible for keeping code integrity through the use of Subversion source control.
Web/Graphics Programmer / Buchanan Cook Technologies Inc. (On going Telecommute, Colorado) 12/04 – 09/06
Designed and developed multiple websites using 2.0 and C#
• Developed and maintained both SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 databases to be used with the Interactive Education Web
• Used stock photos and expert knowledge of Photoshop to create visually appealing websites for multiple projects
• Created Test cases and Test Plans for clients
• Tracked Enhancements and Defects in defect tracking system
Web/Graphics Programmer / Redstone Integrated Systems (Colorado Springs, CO) 07/03 - 12/04
Managed all phases of user interface design projects for a wide range of client requiring interactive, transactional e-commerce sites. Assessed client needs and developed specifications; planned and implemented projects from initial conceptual design through coding, final delivery, and client approval.
• Developed databases for small businesses and individuals; client and server-side software for Windows, ActiveX controls for VB, MS Access, and Web.
• Performed various math and electrical engineering research.
Owner/ Itrinsic Interactive (San Diego, CA) 02/02 – 07/03
• Created a site builder application that requires minimal computer knowledge for the users.
• Wrote custom plug-ins that includes a scheduler, content management tool, email campaign manager and shopping cart.
• Created custom websites and configured pre-built site tool to work on multiple servers.
UI Programmer / Taylor and Pond (San Diego, CA) 06/01 – 2/02
• Used Java Swing to create GUI for a project-tracking tool for internal company use, which used an Access database backend.
• Used PHP to create an online site building application that has supplied a user intuitive interface and a fully functional online help module.
• Created code versioning using CVS.
Programmer/ Earnware (Carlsbad, CA) 10/00 - 06/01
• Used Php3, Apache Server, Netscape LDAP, Cold Fusion, Vignette Story Server and Jdk1.3 to extend our complex applications to accommodate the changing needs of our clientele.
• Responsible for both unit, functional and system testing.
• Extensive use of stored procedures and triggers in MySQL and Sequel Server.
Software Engineer I / Channelpoint.Inc (Colorado Springs, CO) 01/00 - 10/00
• Wrote complex tools in Java and Bash Shell.
• Planned, designed and developed database schemas, (tables and relationships), and a web/browser interface for that database.
• Used Cold Fusion and generated SQL statements within HTML pages to make calls to insert, update, delete, and query the database.
• Design and implemented a configurable Java Swing GUI on top of Allied Dunbar’s online investment game, The Fantasy Fund Manager (originally developed using Dynamo server side programming). Successfully designed and implemented an program written in Java/XML to automatically test the functionality as well as the look & feel of web applications (XML/XSL generated) using ATG Dynamo and Apache Tomcat.
• Developed and administered database-driven intranet using JSP, and MySQL.
• Experienced in several Java API's (Awt, Swing, XML ,EJB, JDBC, JSP, Servlets).
Story Server Developer/ Navidec (Englewood,CO) 08/98- 12/99
• Used Visual Studio, Visual Basic, Coldfusion, Tcl and Java to incorporate concepts such as personalization and the collection of user information for marketing and statistical purposes
• Went to the Vignette fast track course in Austin, Texas for one week.
• Program lead on the Richmond Homes and Lithia Motors projects that required gathering requirements, creating specification documents, storyboarding and provided mockups for the client to sign off on.
Web Designer/Programmer , Heritage Rare Coins (Dallas, TX) 11/96 – 08/98
• Exercised extensive knowledge of browser compatibility issues.
• Used Visual Basic 5, Director 6 and Active X Controls to develop a company screensaver and CBT program.
• Also developed an online auction with an ASP backend, which interfaced with the SQL Server database, which required understanding database connectivity issues.
University of Colorado at Colorado Springs Colorado Springs, CO
Communications, with a Pre-Law minor
Honors and Associations:
Collin County Community College Plano, TX
Applied Graphic Design Technology,
Software: Wide variety of Macromedia and Microsoft software
•Other Studies: Business Presentations and Typography
Honors and Associations:
Dean’s Honor Roll