Childcare Teacher (Westmont)
Active Childcare is located in the Westmont Yard Sports Facility in Westmont. The facility is 70,000 sq ft and overlooks Bellerive Park in Westmont. In addition to the 7,000 sq ft classroom wing, the children have access to a 45,000 sq ft indoor turf field and a five-level playground for their motor skills activities.
Substitute teacher positions also available.
* Stimulate emotional, intellectual, and social growth of children by developing and directing educational programs and activities tailored to assigned class.
* Create a safe, caring, and educational environment for the children.
* Promote discovery, build self-esteem, and fuel the imaginations of the children through age appropriate activities and lessons.
* Inform staff and parents of curriculum by preparing and submitting lesson plans, as well as posting schedules and curriculum outlines.
* Keep parents informed by posting parent information in the classroom; maintaining and sharing records of child's progress, attendance, and behavior.
* Encourage development of child's self-control by utilizing classroom management and modeling techniques.
* College degree with a minimum of 6 semester hours in Child Development
* Minimum of two years (5+ years preferred) work experience in Child Development
* Current certification in infant, child, and adult CPR and First Aid
* Relentless enthusiasm and the desire to make a difference!